“Peacefull Break”
Review of The Swan Tarporley

The Swan Tarporley
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tarporley
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed at The Swan Friday and Saturday night at the end of June aiming for a well deserved quiet peaceful break.
To be honest we had no idea what to expect.
We arrived about lunch time on the Friday and parked our car in the private car park situated at the rear of the hotel. Upon checking in we were very impressed with the friendly helpful staff who showed us up to our room and even offered to carry our baggage (we declined that offer, because to be honest...we are still both young and able enough to carry our own cases).
Our room was sittuated on the top floor....only three floors. The room was beautiful and clean, very olde world and very comfortable.
We had dinner in one of the dining rooms in the evening and the food was faultless, it was very well presented and very very tasty and not at all expensive. After our meal we took a walk around the lovely village pubs, although they too were very nice we did'nt stay away from The Swan for too long, as they were nowhere as near as nice or as popular as The Swan.
We spent most of the rest of the evening sat outdoors under the outdoor heating in the patio area at the rear of the hotel.
Breakfast was amazing, almost anything you could ask for.....personaly I'm not a breakfast person, but I had to make an exeption while at the hotel and I'm glad that I did.
The staff at the hotel were about the best we've ever come across, nothing was too much trouble for them and there was always plenty of staff on duty.
To be honest, we have visited and stayed at many hotels across the country, some very nice and not very expensive, but some not very nice and very expensive......to us The Swan was very nice and not very expensive, and if it was for me to give marks out of ten, then The Swan and all the very hard working and very pleasant staff would most definatally receive.....TEN OUT OF TEN.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phil9244

Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband and I and a couple of friends stayed here on our way to The Open, we had heard good reports of The Swan and it certainly lived up to them. Worth a particular mention are the delightful staff, nothing was too much trouble and it was smiles all the way which makes such a difference to us customers. The food was delicious the beds were comfy and we will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This characterful georgian hotel is ideally located in the centre of the posh little town of Tarporley.
We've been a couple of times, once being New Years Eve 2011 when we enjoyed five course party food entertainment and dancing..and the fireworks later. Breakfasts are great and so is the choice of food throughout the day. Evening dinners show care and attention to detail from the superb chef.
Rooms are well appointed with comfortable bed. Staff are very friendly and give great service.
good value for money.

Room Tip: a room at the front with the bow windows to view the character of Tarporley Hight Street.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank steco1
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Had a fanastic weekend they really look after me as i was the groom they ever allowed me to stay in my room till 2 30 on the day of my checkout (married at 3)
The service was great and the staff bend over backwards to accomadate my needs full.marks thanks to the swan

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank nottop127
Reviewed July 2, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My husband and I arrived after a 5hr journey from Poole, to a lovely welcome yesterday by various members of staff at this hotel, who could not have been more helpful. We found the bedroom to be extremely comfortable with a modernised en-suite which was excellent. We enjoyed a relaxing breakfast with attentive service. We stayed here to meet up with friends & family and would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2012

spent one night at The Swan Tarporley for business. Tiny room although had booked a single, TV didn't work - very helpful man came up and spent 10 minutes trying to fix it but to no avail and as hotel was full wasn't able to move me. Some work going on at the hotel and the new sash window fixing with three long sharp screws sticking out came off in my hand. As one of only two single people at breakfast, I sat and waited next to a table of 6 which hadn't been cleared for someone to come and offer tea/coffee but in the end had to walk round the hotel trying to find someone. One person table is situated within hearing distance of kitchen staff/radio.Not impressed. Paid £65 for single room.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lathey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarporley
Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf and Spa
#1 of 1 in Oakmere
Carden Park Hotel
Carden Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxton

Been to The Swan Tarporley? Share your experiences!