“A Great Time”

31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“A Great Time”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We went here with my daughter for her 21st birthday. We were allowed into the back of the Land Rover Defender she drove, but she could have had the choice of Freelanders or Rang Rovers as well. It was a brilliant time at a lovely place which she thoroughly enjoyed

Visited February 2014

Conwy, United Kingdom
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 212 helpful votes
“Best experience you can have off roading”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Just before my daughter was getting married I treated my future son in law and his best friends to a day off roading at the land Rover experience at Peckforton Castle. It’s the most amazing exciting eye opening experience you will have. The land Rover team are so professional and knowledgeable about the product. At the meet and greet over a coffee they explain how the day will run and cover health and safety issues. We drove the latest Range Rover, Discovery and the Defender 110. We stopped several times around the course so that each of us could sample the different driving characteristics of the various models. You get to drive these vehicles across country and around places that you would find hard to walk along. The vehicles are so extremely capable of going over large ravines, high gradient slopes, and steep inclines that will take your breath away. It may sound expensive but I would highly recommend the experience and it’s not every day you can drive a £60,000 vehicle through muddy lanes and deep water and not worry about having to wash it afterwards!!!

Visited September 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic!!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Attended with someone who had a day long driving experience. Absolutely fantastic. Well worth the money for the look on their face alone. A choice of several models of land rovers (drive 2 in a day long) in this case a discovery and an evoke. Excellent obstacles that tested driving skill...guided through by the fab and friendly instructor Ed! The obstacles demonstrated the brilliance of the car. I was not booked in as a passenger but was made to feel as much as a part of the day as the driver! Was offered copious amounts of drinks, shown around the premises. Was booked into the spa which was relaxing but a little cold. The reception provided me with a walking map of the grounds and I went off adventuring! The staff at the driving experience are some of the most welcoming and friendly people I have met. Felt very much like they wanted us there and would recommend the day 2 anyone without any hesitation!

Visited March 2014
Warrington, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

The best 3 hours I have spent in a long time with my two sons in their 30's and our very friendly and capable Instructor, Nigel.
I purchased a Freelander 2 (FL2) from Hunters in Chester back in July 2013 and was presented with a voucher for this Land Rover Experience at Peckforton Castle near Tarporley in Cheshire. I had no idea of what the FL2 was capable of off road, but I was in for a very pleasant surprise.
Nigel took us out in the HSE version of the FL2 and it did just about everything it's Land Rover/Range Rover siblings could do. Just about the only thing that prevents this is the ground clearance.
The route Nigel took us on was very challenging in parts and the FL2 had no problem dealing with it.
We were taken into a disused quarry where Nigel took over the driving to demonstrate some of the more extreme challenges. It's not a large area, but at one point there were 4 vehicles in there carrying out various manoeuvres.
In summary, this is well worth a visit, especially if you own a Land Rover and you will be able to see it capabilities.
Many thanks to all at Land Rover Experience, Peckforton Castle, in particular Nigel who provided us with an amazing and thoroughly enjoyable 3 hours. Highly recommended.

Visited January 2014
Blackpool, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Brilliant venue, brilliant vehicles and a brilliant instructor”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife receieved a voucher for the experience from Land Rover, we had been on Land Rover events before, and had high expectations, and we weren't dissapointed. The venue is a "mock" castle on the top of a huge rock outcrop, the Experience centre nestles just inside the main courtyard and the staff were very welcoming. After doing the paperwork and enjoying a coffee, we were introducted to our instructor Ed. He did an amazing job of guiding us around the maze of forest tracks, up to a scenic hi spot, were we could just about see the LR plant at Halewood, we would have seen more but for the dreadful weather. we then headed back down visiting an old quarry where all manor of purpose built obstacles show the amazing abilities of these vehicles. Having survived the spectacular slopes and angles of this area we returned to the castle, for another coffee to calm our nerves.

Visited November 2013