“Lovely pub food”
Review of Rising Sun

Rising Sun
Ranked #18 of 40 Restaurants in Tarporley
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Stuart and the team welcome you to The Rising Sun, a traditional Pub in the centre of Tarporley that has been serving Cheshire for hundreds of years. We pride ourselves on our extensive drinks range and our delicious food so why not join us for a pint or two, enjoy a well deserved gin from our huge selection or share a bottle of bubbly over a leisurely lunch. Our Sunday menu is the perfect choice to wind down the weekend and we are ideally positioned for Delamere Forest and nearby Nantwich Town if you fancy exploring. The Shire Horse Centre and Oulton Park Racing Circuit are also close by. Don't forget to check out our weekly Quiz, Poker Night and delicious Fish and Chip Nights!
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Visited on a Tuesday afternoon . Lovely inviting cosy pub. We ordered boozy pie and Cajun chicken sizzler, both were very good and plentiful .
Service fast and pleasant .

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We visited for lunch after looking at the other options in the town. We were initially going to go to the cafe a 100 yards away but there were no tables and the menu seemed a bit pricey for what it was so we decided to try elsewhere and were really happy with our choice. The Rising Sun is warm and inviting and has a real atmosphere about it. The food is good pub food, priced at pub food prices. My wife had a cheese and onion toastie that was three pieces of toast cheese between one layer and onions on the next, really different and gave it a really good taste. I had the steak and mushroom pie which looked and tasted home cooked and was full of tender and tasty steak . I would definitely recommend this pub as worthy of a lunch time visit.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stopped here on New Years Eve on our way to Prestatyn. Lovely decorations for Christmas, very magical. Lovely meal, very good value, beautiful chips and the portion size was more than generous. I had ham, egg and chips, beautiful ham, lovely eggs and chips. It was so good we didn't want to leave a thing.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Visited this restaurant on spec on 2nd January having stopped for a walk whilst driving through Tarporley. The menu was vast and the choice was wonderful. My husband and I could not choose what to have. I selected rabbit stew while he had seafood pancake. All I can say is that I didn't want to end my meal it was so good. It was late on and the place was quiet but it still had a nice feel about it and the Christmas decorations were very impressive. Will certainly visit here again.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We went with friends for the Christmas Menu which had a good choice on it. The service was great, the food was absolutely delicious, all fresh veg and potatoes, presented well and plenty of it. All served lovely and hot on warm plates. The beer and wine choice is also very good. There isn't a lot to find fault with at the Rising sun, probably a little crammed in the restaurant area and the sachets of condiments on the table lets it down a little but we have always found this the best pub food around for miles on quality, quantity and price. Very highly recommended.