“Excellent night at Piste - highly recommended”
Review of Piste

Piste
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Tarporley
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cheshire village Tarporley, although not well known for ski slopes, is home to Piste Wine Bar and Restaurant. Owners James Hughes and his brother-in-law Paul Bebe explain that the name started off as a joke but soon seemed, with its cosy ski chalet associations, to represent the rustic friendly feel they had in mind for the restaurant. The pair pride themselves on modern European cuisine using only the best ingredients; the beef is sourced from Aberdeenshire, the lamb from the Welsh Valleys and the pork is all from Lincolnshire. The fish is delivered daily from the Cornish coast, and many of the other ingredients are sourced from within Cheshire. With its open fireplace and hunting trophies, Piste is decorated in a style that could be described as homey. The menu, too, features classic, tasty fare like slow roasted meats and fish and chips, and more adventurous palates will enjoy dishes like the Thai style crab cakes.
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Excellent night at Piste - highly recommended”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I ate here on a saturday night in May. We pre booked which I think is essential if you want to eat here on a saturday evening. Downstairs is where the bar area is and you can also eat here too, however my tip is to eat upstairs if you want to have a romantic meal without the bustle. The service is excellent, the staff are attentive and friendly and the whole experience was really good. On arrival at 7.30 the bar area was bustling as I believe people stop there for a drink or two, so it had a nice atmosphere.
The food was very tasty, we did not want any of the starters so ordered a rocket and parmesan salad to start which is offered as a side order. That was good, my wife had a vegetarian tartlet with really tasty hand cut chips whilst I had coq au vin - again really good. To finish off I had an excellent sticky toffee pudding whilst my wife enjoyed a lovely trio of ice creams in a brandy snap.
We finished off with a drink downstairs and it was a very enjoyable evening.

If you are looking for a meal in a contemporary location with friendly staff then go.....but book if it's Saturday night.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank CheshireMatt

St. Asaph, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I had lunch at this restaurant over the may bank holiday weekend. We had the fish sharing platter and the food was excellent; lovely tasty fishcakes, lightly cooked tempura battered prawns and gorgeous dressed rocket and salmon salad. Went down very well with a cheeky glass of white wine and the service was excellent. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Iona38
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Some of the best food”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was so impressed by everything here on my little weekend trip through Cheshire. I'd say it's the best food I had during my month in the north. Beetroot cured salmon was excellent as was everything else I ate from the menu. There's an excellent three course option that is extraordinarily reasonably priced. The quality of the food would normally attract a higher price. I also had some excellent Armagnac which was served the right way (slightly heated, in proper glass to get the esters happening.)

It's great that the guys cook with the seasons and source food locally. Once again, the flavours were incredible - a very accomplished chef.

On a busy Saturday in the early evening, they were only too happy to slot me in before the bookings arrived.

Great food, excellent bar, nice relaxed vibe. Perfect.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jonny S
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Great food, excellent value and service”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for lunch here whilst visiting Tarporley, food was excellent and superb value, staff were very friendly and helpful and the place had a great ambience.

Don't change a thing guys :)

• Visited April 2013
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Fitted us in at short notice and provided good food”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Booked on Saturday for that night and they fitted us in. The service was not fast, but they were busy and we were not in a hurry. We shared a vegetarian platter for three, which was really good. We then had sea bass, pork shoulder and a tomato tart. The first two were excellent, the tart had tomatoes as a side dish which was a bit of over kill. Two of us had puddings and again they were good.

We were upstairs and the atmosphere was relaxed. Not sure that would be the case if you were eating down stairs.

Would go again