“Spotted this by chance - glad I did!”
Review of Piste

Piste
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Tarporley
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cheshire village Tarporley, although not well known for ski slopes, is home to Piste Wine Bar and Restaurant. Owners James Hughes and his brother-in-law Paul Bebe explain that the name started off as a joke but soon seemed, with its cosy ski chalet associations, to represent the rustic friendly feel they had in mind for the restaurant. The pair pride themselves on modern European cuisine using only the best ingredients; the beef is sourced from Aberdeenshire, the lamb from the Welsh Valleys and the pork is all from Lincolnshire. The fish is delivered daily from the Cornish coast, and many of the other ingredients are sourced from within Cheshire. With its open fireplace and hunting trophies, Piste is decorated in a style that could be described as homey. The menu, too, features classic, tasty fare like slow roasted meats and fish and chips, and more adventurous palates will enjoy dishes like the Thai style crab cakes.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were on our way to Broxton and stopped off in Tarporley for lunch - and we are so glad we did. The atmoshere in here was great, the decor brilliant and you really felt as if you were in an apres ski inn in France. The special offer of £9.95 for lunch and a glass of wine went down almost as well as the superb food, though the general prices were good value also. Our timing was immaculate as we were sitting there looking out at Tarporley in the snow! Sante!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

i have been twice recently for lunch here and really enjoyed the food. Both times had the special offer lunch at £12.95 which is excellent value for 2 courses and a glass of wine. The beetroot cured salmon with goats cheese was a delicious starter and then the 'turkey dinner'. Both portions were generous and the food was tasty and well cooked. The restaurant is family owned and the service is friendly and efficient. Also a good atmosphere with regular tables and also bar stools provided either at high tables or by the bar. I would definitely recommend trying this one.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Visited Piste for the first time with friends at a lunch time. It was given a recommendation by one of the friends so we were expecting good quality food. The welcome was fine as was the general service, not intrusive but attentive, despite the fact that it was very busy. It is noticeable that the noise level is quite high when its busy so it makes having a conversation tricky if you are on large table. I had a Pork and Ham starter, which was nice, very meaty and tasty. For a main course I had the Coley which I was disappointed with. It was dry and quite hard, in other words overcooked. It came with various vegetables and rice, which was too salty and overpowered the fish. It is a nice atmosphere, the toilets are clean and well presented. Note that parking in Tarporley is not easy during the day. Would I go again yes I think I would, I suspect I was just a bit unlucky this time.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband took me here for my birthday and we had a lovely meal in a lovely atmosphere.
The food was fabulous and we enjoyed every mouthful.
Even though they were very busy with the Christmas festivities the waiters managed to take very good care of us.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband, myself and some old friends from London dined at Piste and had a great evening. The staff were attentive, friendly and knowledgable. The food was excellent - we all ate a different dish and no body was disappointed with their meal. The atmosphere was relaxed and warm, helped by the inviting decor.

I can highly recommend this restaurant and hope it continues to flourish. It's delightful!