“More rudeness!”

Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Tarporley
Cuisines: International, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Excellent food and service in beautiful surroundings, with plenty of local ale. We also do are own walking book with six circular walks to suite all.We open all day every day from 10am until 11.30, food is served from 12 until 2.30 for lunch and 6 until 9.30 for dinner from Monday to Thursday and all day from 12 until 9.30 Fridays ,Saturday ,and Sunday.You can look at out menus on our website, we also have many boards that change often and roast beef every Sunday ..
Dartford, United Kingdom
“More rudeness!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My friend and I have been eating here for many years; it is a tradition for us whenever we come to Chester. However on this occasion, at lunchtime, we were met with a very offhand attitude from one particular member of staff - a middle-aged woman with no grasp of PR. Although the food was good as ever, the service was quite slow considering that the rush was over and there werenoo many people to be served.
This is extremely disappointing as it has made us question whether we will return there, although I have many happy memories of dining there with family members now deceased.

• Visited November 2012

Uttoxeter
“Great food, lovely atmosphere ...”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

As newcomers to this area - visiting friends - we were treated to a meal here a couple of weeks ago. What a delight ... a proper pub, obviously popular with the locals, with good quality food and a really lovely atmosphere ... wouldn't hesitate to recommend! Thoroughly enjoyed our visit and will come back when we're on our next visit.

• Visited October 2012
Kelsall, United Kingdom
“Terrible if you have a child”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have to agree with other reviews and was in some ways loathe to write a review as I think The Boot Inn will like it!

This restaurant appears to make no appologies for their rude approach to children. They don't want children in the restaurant and I guess as families it is better we know that. This restaurant was our regular place before children and after two very bad experiences (including sit in the snug, no pushchairs, and a general you are unwelcome attitude) we won't be going back. This restaurant is within easy travelling distance of The Lord Binning (Kelsall) and Chester Fields (slightly closer into Chester). These are great for families and would whole heatedly recommend. Sadly even on our child free nights out after the experience at this restaurant I would not give them any of my money in future.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Karen J
manchester
“Picturesque Cheshire”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were taken here by a friend for lunch and were glad she was with us or else we'd surely have got lost. Down country lanes in lovely scenery, we found The Boot, a proper pub with good wine and beer and an excellent menu.Old and quaint , with lots of outside seating it is a perfect place for a day out.The staff were pleasant and helpful and service was good. My steak and ale pie was delicious, and the lamb shanks chosen by my companions was also raved over. Small but good dessert menu and interesting specials board.
Woukd definitely go again. For satnav's CW6 0NH

• Visited September 2012
Redruth, United Kingdom
“A Good Day Out”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is the second time we have visited The Boot and the excellent meal we has on the first visit was not an exception. The Boot is a traditional pub with an excellent menu for both bar snacks and fine dining. The specials board is massive and the lit bite menu is imaginative and reasonably priced. The setting is a rural idyll and given the recent god weather eating al fresco was a delight. The staff are friendly and efficient without being over attentive and the beer is real ale.
I hesitate to write this report as I would like to keep this delightful spot to myself but that would be selfish. Give it a try you will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2012