“A little disappointed”

Cuisines: Indian, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were really looking forward to coming here, as there aren't many indian buffets in the north west. On arrival, we were shown to our table, not really greeted or introduced to the service. We were brought 1 popudom each!! I thought as this was a buffet service you could help yourself to popudoms. This was a let down for me, as I prefer indian appetisers rather than full courses. There was an adequate selection of food. Onion Bhaji's, tandoori chicken, various curries, rice and naan bread. All of the meats were very tender, however the chicken tikka massala was very watery, and not creamy at all. The only dessert on offer was a pre sliced victoria sponge, which was uncovered, and could have been sat there all day (so probably stale), so we gave it a miss. (especially as there was a fly flying around too). The waiters did not ask us if the food was ok, or if we enjoyed it. We just paid and left.

2  Thank psandcs

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We tried this restaurant at the last minute on a Saturday evening. And granted we were able to get a table without prior booking.
We were told (not asked ) to sit down and wait....and have a drink. We found it amusing to be talked to as though we were being given orders.....the first time!
We were told our table was ready, just to be told it wasn't and to sit back down and finish our drink, not so funny this time.
Our food order was taken in the reception area. And when we were finally shown to a table, it was on the end of a table for 6. We were 2. The restaurant was not in the slightest bit busy. Poppadoms and chutney were at the table waiting for us. They were good and the chutneys were generous.
My veg puri was ok, but quite greasy.
The mains took almost three quarters of an hour to arrive, time to partake of two rounds of drinks. My main of chicken tikka was ok, the meat was juicy. I had a salad. The curry sauce that accompanied the tikka was tasteless. My partner had prawn Pil Pil. It was awful. It looked awful and tasted awful. The biggest prawns (2 off) smothered in batter and then drowned in a hot but no flavour sauce. the plate looked like the remnants of a stomach upset,
The ?manager? Stopped by the table and told my partner that it looked fabulous....it really didn't, but again we were told and not asked. Overall the service was some of the worst we have experienced anywhere.
We left soon after, and left as much on the plates as arrived. We were not asked if things had been ok, or indeed if the meal had been enjoyed.
We would not recommend this establishment nor visit again. It was very disappointing.

2  Thank Liz L
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is our local Indian restaurant - lovely food and staff always great with children - I am picky with what I eat and they always offer to make individual meals so I know its always cooked fresh - they also do a great buffet all in on a sunday afternoon x

2  Thank Irene R
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The welcome and starter was very good.
We want some time break between starter and main course, it was busy hour but they maintain it , we got time for an extra round of drink , two dishes was recommended by one of the staff and it was fabulous ,
We will go back again

2  Thank Shaw6
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Visited today for a buffet with the family. Very impressed, everything was well cooked and hot, and the price was very very reasonable.
Really enjoyed the marinated tandoori chicken that was in plentiful amounts, and I have to say that all the meat in all the dishes tasted high quality and was cooked right.
If I had to be critical I would say the tikka masala sauce needed a bit of work, far too tangy. And more modern upbeat Indian music would give the atmosphere a lift.
But other than that I can't find fault in the place.
Really impressed and would definitely travel the extra mile we did today to visit again.
Yum!