“Very disappointing”

Christianos
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Your favourite Italian eatery… Christiano’s is a quality Italian and Mediterranean style restaurant in the heart of picturesque Tarporley. Here we offer fresh seasonally inspired food with the emphasis on sourcing local quality ingredients. Diners can enjoy a relaxing meal in a contemporary setting with a pleasant ambience.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

No atmosphere, only two other tables had diners on them which for a Thursday evening at 8.30pm was very worrying especially for such a large restaurant. I ordered a risotto which was served in a dish and resembled soup with a small amount of rice mixed in, not pleasant at all I used to dine here regularly a few years ago and was very disappointed at they downturn. Very expensive for very poor food, wouldn't go back.

2  Thank Jenny B
DominiqueRose, Public Relations Manager at Christianos, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Hello and thank you for your feedback. I can only apologise that you found your risotto to be like that it is one of our most popular dishes but I am surprised you never said anything to myself as I looked after your table and you said everything was fine. We would have had no problem in changing it for you but unfortunately you didn't.

Kindest Regards
Dominique Rose
PR Christiano's

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Visited Christianos for Valentines evening, and genuinely thought it had changed from being an Italian restaurant, the meal was pleasant, the main course was poor, the chef who spoke to us was delightful, he actually asked us if the meat was tough, so other diners must have said the same. Poor for an expensive celebration evening. BUT! The most offensive of all....as we went to pay the lady asked us for £4.50 for the rose they had placed on the tables for the ladies. It was humiliating and crass, the meal was expensive enough to have allowed for the price of a rose ( which certainly is not £4.50) It wasnt about the money....it was about the bad taste it leaves you with to end your evening. Probably wont be going again.

2  Thank patsiefryer
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Visited for birthday celebration. Food and service excellent. Nice location and lovely feel to the place. Not too big.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I wish I could be more positive about Christianos as in days gone it was a great place.
The place has a lack of atmosphere and the food is more chain restaurant than quality Italian at best. The food is overpriced and portions small (not a true Italian philosophy!).

There are far better Italian options, La Fattoria in Chester, which feels like you could be in Italy both for the atmosphere and food.

1  Thank UkSil
DominiqueRose, Public Relations Manager at Christianos, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Hi there, first of all thank you for your feedback. As for your comments I would like to say ALL of our food is fresh, our chefs come in early every day just to prepare the dough for the pizza's to the soup to the lasagne. Most of dishes are made to order and our food portions are far from small or lack quality like most 'chain' restaurants. As for our pricing we take into account we buy all fresh local produce. And unfortunately as you never mentioned to one of the senior staff we could not change this...

Feel free to contact me directly on info@christianosuk.com if you have any other queries.

Dominique Rose
PR Representative

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Decided to visit Christianos for some pasta after the Christmas eating,what a jem! not been there
for years for a meal,now run by a family with a lot of experience of the food industry.Wewere well
received , drinks at a comfortable bar before being shown to a table, which was nicely furnished
started with a bottle of the house wine which was excellant. My starter was calamari which made me think I was back in Spain, they were so good,my wife had lovely fresh made soup,followed
by the meat balls I went for the signiture dish of Gambas Christiano,out of this world.Just to make
pigs of ourselves we the had Tiramisu and Panna Cotta with a nice Prosecco.One of the best
Italian meals since SanCarlos Manchester,but much more reasonably priced. As a matter of
interest children eat for £5.95 including a drink and early diners for £10 two courses
Yes we did have a Taxi