“Outstanding”

Ranked #1 of 1 Tabley B&B and Inns
Hertfordshire
“Outstanding”
Reviewed December 17, 2010

This was without doubt one of the best places we have ever stayed. From the moment I booked all queries were quickly answered.Only small with 7 bedrooms ,we stayed in a family room with our two daughters . The decor was up to date and excellent,the room large and very comfortable .bathroom was a good size with an excellent shower.
We stayed on a Saturday night and were warned in advance it was 'party night' !!! The only negative was it was Xmas party night and the only menu on offer was the Xmas party menu which we had not been warned about. Having said that the meal was very good as was the breakfast in the morning. I was disappointed not to be staying longer !! The staff were all helpful, friendly and professional.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
dundee
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Found the hotel (pub) very easily - it is right on J19, impossible to miss. I parked my hire van near the door as i wanted it to be under lights as it had a lot of valuable stuff inside. The very first thing that was said to to me by the staff was "Could you move your van to another space? The manager doesn't like vans in the front spaces because it puts people off coming in". I explained the situation and apologised for having to leave my 911 at home. Going up to the room was quite worrying as the stair and landing carpets were utterly filthy - obviously not cleaned in years and years. Fortunately though the room was much better, although being at the front there was substantial traffic noise until late in the evening. I had a shower and settled down to a nap as i'd been driving for about 10 hours. 20 minutes later i was woken by the manager unlocking my door and coming into my room. She was very confused to see me there and exited rapidly shouting apologies. I went downstairs to see what was going on but she had vanished, leaving it to the embarrassed barstaff to explain she hadn't realised i had checked in. Didn't sleep too well later either as the mattress was soft and old with a spring sticking through in one place. Breakfast was basic but decent but unfortunately it all went wrong again when i was given my bill - despite not having had any food or drinks the night before i was charged for a lot of both! I had to argue the point with the staff and in the end offered to show them the evidence of the takeaway that was in the bin in my room. At this point i was told the bill was the 58 quid it should have been in the first place. Fine. I offered my credit card - the machine was broken. All-in-all, VERY disorganised and poor service but maybe on a good day it would be adequate if you wanted cheap and cheerful.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We requested early access to our room (11am) in order to attend a local wedding, and the staff were only too happy to help, with our room ready on arrival. The room itself was spacious and clean, with an excellent bathroom. Following a decent night's sleep, we were served a good quality full English. A very stress-free stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Huddersfield
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Room - large, spacious, well decorated and clean. Found it a little noisier than expected but OK fr convenience of location.
The evening meal was good. Service mixed - waitress good, bar staff a little distracted but adequate.
The problem was that when we went down for a leisurely breakfast (we booked here specifically to prevent the usual 2hr commute) we were seated in the bar where wafts of disinfectant were eminating strongly from a bucket left at the bar. Thought - not great but can live with it. The cleaning staff, having finished their coffee/fags/read of the newspapers then proceeded to hoover. Not relaxing at all. Told David we werent' happy but didn't really seem to care and kept repeating that 'they had to clean sometime'. Whilst I understand that, most pubs manage to do so without being so intrusive. Didn't feel listened to, there was no offer to just switch the hooveer off for 10mins for example or suggest we eat in the adjoining room.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Merlot99059
welshman
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Good food large clean rooms close to Tatton park and Dunham Massey and right next to the Motorway but still hardley any noise

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed March 13, 2010

A colleague and I stayed here for a couple of nights while working locally. The rooms are very spacious (in fact so large I almost strained by eyes watching the small telly from my bed :-) ). The room was clean, nicely decorated with a lovely powerful shower. My only criticism is the traffic noise, a price you have to pay for such a convenient location.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Bolton, England, U.K.
Reviewed January 8, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed here as we went to the american car show at tatton park the day after. The hotel is very close to a motorway junction yet this isn't very noticeable. Our room was spacious and comfortable and the food was delicious. I mentioned to my girlfriend that if the hotel had freeview (which i presume it now has) and was on the more well known last minute websites, it would be more popular. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tabley
Ibis Budget Knutsford Tabley
#2 of 14 in Knutsford
Pickmere Country House
Pickmere Country House
#3 of 14 in Knutsford

Been to Windmill at Tabley? Share your experiences!