“Good but slow”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2014

A group of eight friends had booked for a Saturday night. The restaurant was not overly busy, and the table was ready for us. It took a while to get the drinks ordered, and even longer to have them served. Similarly for the food. Having said that, there is an extensive menu, and the food was very good. According to all around the table, the hotness matched the values on the menu. Overall, it was a good experience, but just needs to be a little quicker (or, if this cannot be achieved due to the chefs being busy, a little more attention). It was certainly value for money, and the portions would not leave you hungry.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We visited Shampaan for the first time on Father Day in the evening having pre booked a table. The table was ready for us on arrival and the restaurant was busy. The food was reasonably priced and was delicious. What I liked is that they will do a children's sized portion of any of the dishes which means you don't have to share! The service was a bit hap hazard with lots of waiters but not one looking after our table. I think they need to adopt where one waiter serves a set amount of tables so you get really good service. I asked for a jug of water twice and had to ask for the bill twice, I know they were busy but a table of 2 came in after us and they were waiting for at least 15 minutes without being asked if they would like drinks. There was a lot of people coming in for take aways as well. They also has a traditional dancer entertaining for Fathers Day that was a nice touch, the children like it. I would return as the food was very good however lets just hope the service has improved next time, then it would be 5 stars from me :-)

1  Thank Melissa11
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I regularly eat at the Shampaan & have always had great food & service. Tonight was fantastic, very busy & a really good atmosphere to boot. It was probably full due to it being Father's Day. However tonight they had lively Indian music & a fabulous dancer to keep us all entertained, a really good evening, lots of fun & suitable for all the family. Hope to see many more evenings like this.

1  Thank A1han
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Been a couple of times and had a few friends also use the restaurant. I am a lover of good Indian food and this restaurant does produce very good food.
The only let down is that the service can be a little unreliable. On both of the occasions I was there an item was missed from the order and I overheard tables near me with similar issues. My friends who have visited the restaurant have similar stories, either a missing dish, a late dish or in one case entirely the wrong dish delivered.
The food is one of the better ones in the area, if you are happy with a bit or food roulette give the place a try.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This place has really great food every time. Whether it is in the restaurant or take away. Lovely manners and caring attitude. Some of the waiters could be a bit more tentative and it gets very busy on Saturdays but very well recommended.