“Wheelock Hall Farm”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wheelock Hall Farm”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

finding wheelock farm using a sat nav proved to be a challenge as it directed us into wheelock itself and ended up turning round and asking for directions. Once we arrived we were very impressed to see how beautiful the farm looked. my daughter loved walking round the farm and getting up close to the animals. afterwards my daughter played on the huge park they have there for the kids even included go karts and little ride on tractors. usually they say no picnics inside the facility but my daughter was on school trip so they allowed it :) the farm can be used for small birthday parties as it keeps the kids entertained for a few hours. Only off put for myself was the price of food in the cafe £9.20 for two coffees and bacon baps, the baps only had two rashers of bacon on and not very filling.

Visited June 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Extremely rude staff.”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I sincerely hope that families read the abundance of poor reviews here. I also have had a bad experience in the restaurant. The tables were all dirty and the staff seem to think they're doing you a favour just by being there! I tried to complain also to complain on behalf of other customers i saw and got the same response as others -that they were busy that's it. No apology whatsoever. Now I've heard from my friend they charge for entry it's just ridiculous.It is greedy. I was quite happy to pay for the large play area, but will not be going again now they charge. I think they'll find they make less money not more. Why not find innovative ways to increase revenue rather than trying to charge for an existing service?

Visited July 2012
7 Thank L1984
Crewe, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Awful food.”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I visited with my daughter and her toddler. As we arrived at lunchtime we went straight to the cafe. We were told that there would be a 30 minute wait but since the food was freshly prepared we didn't mind. My daughter had a chip roll. There were not many chips and they were very greasy. I had a bacon and egg roll. The bacon was swimming in grease and had lots of black burnt bits on it. I had to wipe the oil off the fried egg and the yolk was set solid. The fresh orange juice in the child's meal was very sour. I asked to speak to the manager but was told he might be on the farm or perhaps at the hospital with his mother! I was told that the kitchen staff were trying to clean the equipment but had been very busy! It was such a disappointment that we decided we would spend no more money there so left. I would definitely not recommend the food.

Visited June 2013
6 Thank tillysmum98
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fab for kids.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I thought this place was just a farm shop, come garden centre, with a small café attached, having gone there years ago for vegetables. On Sunday we took our two nieces, having been told that it was now good for children. What an absolute wonderland it was. The children were entertained all day and didn't want to leave. As well as the farm shop (which now also has an extensive gift and card section) ,the tea room and garden centre, there is a huge Adventure Playground which is brilliant, has go-carts, a zip-wire, and loads more. There are farm animals to see, and if the weather becomes a little inclement (as it did when we were there) there is a huge barn full of hay bales of various shapes and sizes for the children to run, jump, hide and play on to their hearts content. The cost is free for adults supervising their children, and children pay just £2.50 to go in and out of the amenities as they wish all day. It is absolute value for money and kids just love it. A brilliant find.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank jackie h
Crewe, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Going downhill fast”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I used to visit with my nieces and nephews and we all had a wonderful time. I have my own child now and decided to take him for a visit and was extremely disappointed! You now have to pay for kids to play in the play area and the animals were few and looked extremely unloved. I left there feeling extremely sorry for them. The old barn used to have a wonderful hay stack play area that was always busy. No one was in there this time as it was all just chucked into a corner. The shop and cafe are extremely expensive and definitely not worth the money and the staff didn't smile once! Wont be going back again. I would prefer to travel further and go to Glebe farm in Astbury. An extra 7 miles but well worth it

Visited May 2013