“Fab for kids.”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fab for kids.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I thought this place was just a farm shop, come garden centre, with a small café attached, having gone there years ago for vegetables. On Sunday we took our two nieces, having been told that it was now good for children. What an absolute wonderland it was. The children were entertained all day and didn't want to leave. As well as the farm shop (which now also has an extensive gift and card section) ,the tea room and garden centre, there is a huge Adventure Playground which is brilliant, has go-carts, a zip-wire, and loads more. There are farm animals to see, and if the weather becomes a little inclement (as it did when we were there) there is a huge barn full of hay bales of various shapes and sizes for the children to run, jump, hide and play on to their hearts content. The cost is free for adults supervising their children, and children pay just £2.50 to go in and out of the amenities as they wish all day. It is absolute value for money and kids just love it. A brilliant find.

1 Thank jackie h

Crewe, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Going downhill fast”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I used to visit with my nieces and nephews and we all had a wonderful time. I have my own child now and decided to take him for a visit and was extremely disappointed! You now have to pay for kids to play in the play area and the animals were few and looked extremely unloved. I left there feeling extremely sorry for them. The old barn used to have a wonderful hay stack play area that was always busy. No one was in there this time as it was all just chucked into a corner. The shop and cafe are extremely expensive and definitely not worth the money and the staff didn't smile once! Wont be going back again. I would prefer to travel further and go to Glebe farm in Astbury. An extra 7 miles but well worth it

6 Thank Sarah W
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Don't recommend”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We visited with a group of disabled students and the cafe staff were rude and not helpful at all. Management challenged group leader and told us not to visit again.

11 Thank Nikcarly
Crewe, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Used to love coming here!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Only living in the next town I used to visit here quite often! I have 4 children, and last year home schooled them, so coming to this farm was an ideal learning venue, with the added bonus of a play area and a meal out. Plus I absolutely love the shop and quite often pick up my fruit and veg from there as I believe in supporting local farmers! The meat selection is a little lacking, when I was in there yesterday there was only gammon and bacon, and a couple packs of sausages! I'd love a wider meat selection such as mince, chicken etc.
The thing that horrified me the most was the cost to go and have a look around the animals!(used to just be to play on the park) It used to be free during term time, but even now they are asking for an awful lot of money! When you have 4 children and you have to pay for all of them to get in it becomes a bit much!!
It's a shame really as it has put me off going there, and I have many friends who have started going nearby farms instead!
I have also had a missed meal but thankfully didn't have anyone shouting at me like the previous comments!!

3 Thank Jessica O
Cheshire
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Lovely to potter about on a nice day :)”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I have been coming to Wheelock for more than 6 years - usually when the weather is sunny and bright. The farm animals are adorable, specially the cheeky goats! I also love to look around the gift shop, and have picked up a few birthday gifts from here. We have always found the pies and cakes very yummy and fresh, but only buy them as a treat as they are quite pricey! I bought a lovely red rose tree from here last year, and its just starting to get ready to bloom again. Recently they have extended the till area, which has made a big difference as on busy days it can be very squashed! We have found the staff to be a bit hit and miss. When we last went we were served by a friendly young girl, but the time before that - it was an older lady and I don't think she even looked at us or said please/thankyou - she was very rude, which is a shame because we live a few miles away from the place and like to make the effort to be there (and spend money!). But overall, we like the place - we don't have children ourselves, tho im like a child myself with animals! :)

Visited April 2013