“Monday to Saturday”

Ranked #13 of 80 Restaurants in Sandbach
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have made several visits to this well presented pub and have eaten both in the bar area and dinning room. It is worth paying a little extra for the latter but both are great value. We have always found the food to be of excellent quality with the one exception, Sunday Roasts; a big let down, processed meat, poor veg, watery gravy and chips? This is vastly different from everything else we've sampled which has been superb.
In summary, a great place to eat if you make a choice of the menu or specials board but the Sunday roast is a different story.

1  Thank PeteTrace192

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Consistently great food and big portions. Great chips.. Always a good atmosphere and good friendly service.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Large roadside Robinsons pub on the A50 Newcastle Road close to the Arclid traffic lights, almost entirely given over to dining, with virtually nowhere to sit if you just want a drink. Extremely busy, if all tables are taken they operate a system where you wait at the bar and they will take you t a table when one is available.
Pretty much bog standard pub food with no real stand outs. I had Cumberland Sausage and was surprised not to be offered a choice of potatoe, it was chips or nothing! Service pretty good but not outstanding. Robinsons bitter not up to much I'm afraid.

2  Thank DavoCheshire
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had visited two weeks previous with a group of affluent friends. I had selected the steak royale which was outstanding.
I visited for a Sunday lunch , it was laughable. The beef and lamb were identical and boil in the bag the gravy was also out of a bag . They served corn that was discoloured. It was 14.95 for 3 courses, so cheap . That said don't serve inedible food.
The desert trolley is left out for the flies to feast on. I saw 1 member of staff throw the last creme brûlée onto a plate as though she was putting it to waste. Very unprofessional staff.
Very disappointed . Perhaps if my bill was £700 as before they would pick their game up.

2  Thank barlow1973
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Saturday lunchtime and it was quite busy.
The building is quite attractive but the decor is somewhere in the 70's
No problem, plenty of choices on the menu, some of which were inline with the decor
The service was friendly and the food when it came was obviously freshly prepared
I had the baked haddock and my wife had salmon au papilotte
We were also served with a dish of chips? We hadn't asked for it nor did we eat it as there was more than enough food on the plate. I can only suggest to the owners that chips aren't served automatically.

2  Thank Dave P