“Unwelcome”

Ranked #14 of 80 Restaurants in Sandbach
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked a table in the bar at the Legs of Man as a surprise lunch for my boyfriend. It's a lovely looking pub and I'd been meaning to try it for a while. When we arrived we ordered drinks at the bar. I told the staff that I had reserved a table and asked where we should sit. I was told to sit anywhere, at a table had been made up. We proceeded to sit at a table when a bar man shouted over in front of the whole bar that this particular table was reserved. I was confused and said I had reserved a table. He them told me that this particular table was booked by a regular couple as they liked that particular table. Another member of staff then said we could sit there, after all, as the regular couple were not coming. We were taken aback and shocked at the poor welcome we had been given. We were offended and made to feel as though we were intruding. With regards to the food, there was lots of choice for all courses. We ordered lasagne and a roast beef dinner. The lasagne was a generous portion but the roast beef dinner was lacking in size and flavour. Chips should have accompanied the lasagne but these could not be described as chips, they were more like the leftover crunchy bits at the bottom of the fryer. We have had nicer meals at a Toby Carvery. Not once during our meal did anyone come to ask if everything was satisfactory. This is a lovely building but the service and food, we found to be disappointing.

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We have eaten at the Lega of Man for many years and always get together for family meals here. Tables can be reserved in a separate dining room as well as the bar area where the service is even better and the waitresses bring around an amazing desert trolley with mouthwatering cakes, tarts and fruit. Portions are really good value for money so make sure to save room for the deserts!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Excellent food, only go for three portions if you are super hungery! all courses are very good, for me its great to find Sherry Triffle on the menu-just got to meke sure I've still got room left for it. House wines very good too.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a family meal here; 6 adults, 2 children & 1 infant. The table reserved was perfect, in a corner & nice & cosy, although the underseat heaters meant that we were stripping off layers by the end of the meal. And drinking gallons - maybe its a ploy? The service was initially prompt, but we waited around 20 mins for the starters & then another 20 mins for mains, which meant the children were starving by the time their food arrived. I'm not sure if it was the size of our party, as we noticed a few people received their mains before we did. I had the turkey on the special menu - 2 courses for £9.99, and it was delicious. The meat was perfectly cooked & the vegetables crunchy & full of flavour. My husband had the mixed grill, which he said was great, although he would've preferred the option to have chips instead of vegetables. They were very accommodating of our little one, providing a separate plate of peas as he's too little to eat a full child's meal. We ordered dessert & had home made cheesecake, which was pleasant, although a little too much topping in proportion to the biscuit. Again we had to wait a while for the plates to be collected & for the desserts to arrive. However, I felt very comfortable, my son was well catered for & the staff were very pleasant. Just the length of time waiting & the sauna like temperature which lets it down.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Unusual fries made in lard. I did not enjoy them but my aunt who is much older than I kept saying how good they were - how chips should be. Decent food too.