“Great little place for all the family.”
Review of The Potters Barn

The Potters Barn
Ranked #3 of 14 things to do in Sandbach
More attraction details
Owner description: The Potters Barn is a working pottery where you can look at the finished pottery on display and where it is made or even have a go yourself.You can “Play with Clay”, Paint Pottery or have a go on the Potters Wheel.You can also take pottery classes or craft courses such as Longbow Making, Stone Carving, Glass Fusing, Silversmithing etc., have a Birthday, Hen or Stag Party or even enjoy some creative corporate teambuilding.
Sandbach, Cheshire
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great little place for all the family.”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Have been here as a day out and also had my children's birthday party here. it is really great day out. You get to choose an animal to make out of air dry clay. For a birthday party the children can have a go on the potters wheel and have their pots properly glazed and fired. They do adult courses as well. Really enjoyable! You pay for what you make. I've put young family because my children are young but I would still take them if they were older, young teens.

Visited March 2013
ThePottersBarn, Owner at The Potters Barn, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you for your repeat business. As you say there is no age limit when it comes to having fun with clay!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Raku Day - a great craic”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I received a Raku Day as a present. I had no idea what to expect or that Raku ware was so easy to make. Steve and Andy, master craftsmen who run The Potter's Barn, were brilliant providing tons of information about ceramics, the Raku process and giving us a real hands-on day. We created 4 pots of different shapes and sizes from prepared biscuit-fired ware. We applied the glazes and watched the firing and reduction processes. Of the 4 pieces, my 'classic' Raku ware pot now sits on my desk and I used it as a fountain pen holder. I really enjoyed my Raku day at The Potter's Barn, all material and a lovely lunch were provided and would love to go again. Recommended.

Visited April 2013
ThePottersBarn, Owner at The Potters Barn, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Hi Trevor
Thank you for the review. I am glad you enjoyed your day and finished pots (nice pen).
We would be more than happy to see you again, you may even be in charge of a bucket!
Andrew
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“An excellent activity for all the family. Friendly atmosphere.”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I went to the potters barn this morning with my 8 yr old daughter & 2 of her Cousens 8 & 10. It's very organised, fun & surrounded by lovely countryside. 1st they chose a pot to paint, we then threw a pot on the potters wheel & then went on to make a clay animal. A very enjoyable 2 hours & nice to take home ornaments made on the day. Can't wait to go back & use the wheel myself.
Thanks Steve & Andrew.

Visited April 2013
ThePottersBarn, Owner at The Potters Barn, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for reviewing The Potters Barn. We are glad you had a good time and hope to see you again soon.
Nantwich, England, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Really good afternoon out”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We saw this place advertised on another website and thought we would give it a try. I would never have known it existed if it wasnt for thw site. Whwn we pulled up in the carpark it wasnt quite what we were expecting. But once in there we had a go on the potters wheel which i really enjoyed, made some clay animals and did a bit of painting. All of which we took home. Overall it was a good afternoon out and something totally different.

1 Thank Martyn J
Thank you for the review. I am relieved you came in and hopefully we will see you again soon.
Halesowen, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great creative fun!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

An excellent find! We spent the day learning how to throw clay, sculpt pots on the wheel and create various other items using different pottery techniques. The teaching was excellent and good humoured throughout. Well suited to adults as well as children. We left the barn with some lovely (and individual!) pieces of pottery . . a thoroughly enjoyable day. I would highly recommend this for a bit of creative fun.

Visited October 2012
Thanks for your review of your day at The Potters Barn. Sorry for the slow response - we are better with clay than computers! Hope to help you get creative gain soon.