“Nice hotel, staff not as good”
Review of Bridge Hotel

Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Prestbury
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at the Bridge Hotel when attending a relatives wedding. It's a really nice hotel in a lovely setting, made even more so by the good weather. The room was large as was the bathroom, it was clean, smelled nice and had an ironing board, iron and hairdryer which was useful.

As part of the wedding party we had an afternoon meal. Although the meal was nice and the chicken tasty, it was very basic. Unfortunately, the serving staff left a lot to be desired. We found them to be surly and a little rude. The same can be said for the bar staff too. They should also be told not to serve cold drinks in warm glasses !! Especially when the drinks are a little expensive. The hotel may be in Prestbury, but we're not all fottballers wives !!

I could not fault the breakfast; there was variety and plenty of it (although the toast was cold..but it's difficult to keep toast warm at the best of times).

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rochdalecowboys2010
Bridge1952, Manager at Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to write a review. I was very sorry to hear that you were less than happy with some aspects of the service you received; I will act on this and hopefully you will return and we can make amends.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

On a business trip my hosts booked a room in the Bridge Hotel. It is located next to a church, so the church bells will let you know the actual time every hour. Apart from that I had a very pleasant stay. The room was nice and clean, the bed was cosy, and a flatscreen TV is standard nowadays. We had dinner across the street in one of these typical british pubs, but the breakfast at the hotel was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Balou18

Many thanks for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Taken to the Bridge for afternoon tea on Mother's day, but have lunched here countless times in the past. Staff always friendly and professional. Afternoon tea was delicious and very good value, too much to eat! Only criticism was the scones were fruit scones, my whole family dislike fruit in cakes etc so we all had to pick it out! Waitress said chef would have made them plain for us, but no one asked our preference. Will go again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have known the Bridge Hotel for over 40 years, first for my university graduation dinner and over the last ten years for both accommodation and meals. The slip in standards over this time has been gradual but definite, and our last stay for two nights in June 2012 will probably be our last. We had booked two nights and requested an a la carte dinner for three for the first evening as we were entertaining a local VIP.

We were met at reception in mid-afternoon by a young man who was obviously having 'words' with his girlfriend and his manner was very curt and unhelpful. We were offered no help with luggage and struggled up to our room in the old part of the hotel above the cocktail bar.

The decoration was tired and the soap and shower gel in the bathroom were in containers screwed on the wall - so no chance of stealing a bar of soap then !! We had tried the newer accommodation block on previous vists but found it too cold and very impersonal.

On enquiring about dinner, having requested an 8.00 pm reservation we were told to discuss it with Alex, the restaurant manager, who I have known for many years. We were told that all tables were taken as there was a 'special deal' and the best he could do was a table in the cocktail bar at 9:30 - absolutely no good for us. So after a few quick telephone calls we dined at a new restaurant in the centre of the village and very nice it was too.

Having a quiet word later with Austin, the car park manager, he as good as told us that the Bridge was not the same as it used to be. An opinion with which I heartily concur.

Room Tip: I cannot recommend a good room, but I have been in quite a few poor ones.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jgrahamd
Bridge1952, Owner at Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Many thanks for your comments, albeit unfortunate that the length of time between your stay and your review prevents me from investigating the matter fully, however I sincerely apologise for the fact that you were disappointed with your stay on this occasion, and I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future to make ammends.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Found myself needing a last minute room in Prestbury and was lucky they had a couple at the bridge.ended up taking the junior suite and was pleased that I did. Bedroom was clean comfy and spacious. Breakfast was excellent and staff professional efficient and helpfull. What else can I say. No complaints, all positive. Will go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank petejay
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We booked our sons 30th birthday meal here & we were not disappointed. We were a party of 8 & were accommodated with our request for a round table. Although the restaurant was packed, the quality of the food, service & attention to detail was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The pianist & singer throughout the evening was a nice touch & added to the ambience. Plenty of choice on both the set menu & al a carte, with very generous portions. It was one of the best meals we've had in a long time. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hils13
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Superb hotel, well fitted out and appointed, excellent and well maintained and spotlessly clean room. The staff were incredibly helpful and attentive and the village of Prestbury is exquisite. There is plenty of parking to the rear of the hotel and the room rates including breakfast are very reasonable considering the quality of the hotel. I had a couple of gripes, the first is the noise in the rooms. I could hear the guest in the room above me stomping around and word for word what they were watching on the TV. The second was the heat in the rooms, despite being -1c outside, I had to open the windows as it was far too hot - although this wont be an issue for some!!! The only other thing was that the wifi reception towards the back of the hotel wasn't great but they have a hard wired internet connection in all rooms too. To be honest, I'm grumbling about very minor things - all in all and excellent stay.

Room Tip: A room on the top level would be quieter and ensure you turn the radiator down if you don't like...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestbury
Hollin Hall Hotel
Alderley Edge Hotel
Alderley Edge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Alderley Edge
Travelodge Macclesfield Adlington

Been to Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!