“Superb hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Prestbury B&B and Inns
Darlington
“Superb hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2010

Just returned from celebrating our wedding anniversary at White House Manor, a gift from our son. We were allocated the Coach House which had its own doorway. Beautiful decor in both bedroom and bathroom. Breakfast in our room was a wonderful treat. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Cant wait to return. We had our evening meals in the Prestury Village Restaurant, 150 yards from White House Manor, and thoroughly enjoyed food each visit. We would highly recommend both venues.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

The second time I'd stayed at the hotel and again I loved it. Really nice rooms with character and extras, friendly and helpful staff, luxury bedding and comforts. I think since my first stay a few years ago it's inevitably started to wear out a little after so much custom - there were a couple of minor problems/issues - but I still enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Beeston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

The room that we stayed in was very nice, for the small space. There were nice touches like a Tatler magazine, space saving tray in space-age closet and scatter cushions.
Unfortunately, it wasn't worth that amount: mildew in steam/ shower, constant low buzz, like a fan, was on in the other room...all night; crack in the shower floor; light dust on the surfaces, which sent me off into a wild wheeze of asthmatic anger that shook me right down into my wallet; view of a car park and ivy wall, silver spray painted closets (very space-age/ Millenium). The space was too small to warrant the expence!! Aaaand for £125 the price should have included breakfast.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

I am working in Macclesfield at a customer site and stayed here August 2010 on a recommendation from a colleague.
The hotel is very small and cute, but great value for the personal level of service we received. It is very quiet, and even though the single room was all they had left, it was nicely decorated...besides, lots of space isn't necessary when traveling solo.
Proximity to restaurants and decent pubs is great - everything within 2m walk - ideal for the late evenings.
Breakfast was great, nice portions if you're trying to be good, but still very tasty.
I'll be staying here regularly in the future - a really top notch nights sleep.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

We stayed here recently just looking for a quiet, relaxing night away and from the website the hotel seems to fit the bill. The receptionist was friendly, but the communal areas looked a bit dated and in need of some money being spent

The room (Millennium), which is apparently their most contemporary, was OK, but for £125 per night, room only, I think you're entitled to something better than that. Again, the furnishing (apparently 'silver leaf') just look like fairly average pine furniture painted silver- fine, but not if you are pushing the room as 'contemporary' and 'modern'.

Other minor gripes were the 'self-service' bar, located in the conservatory, which had nothing going on (not a big problem as the hotel is handy for the village) and the room was incredibly hot at night- it did have an air-con unit, but it was noisy and not ideal for getting/staying asleep.

On the plus side, as above, it is handy for the village (we ate at 'Nice', where the food was decent and there was a bit of atmosphere- I believe the Village restaurant is good, but Prestbury as a 'place to go' is a bit disappointing- the Legh Arms and the Bridge Hotel also feel a bit stilted), on-site parking, and the bathroom/steamroom was different and a good feature.

I think it needs some money spent to be the luxurious, boutique hotel it seems to be aiming for. I'm not sure if it relies on the wedding trade, as there is an attractive church in the middle of the village, but we wouldn't rush back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ascot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2010

This place just gets better.

We have stayed here four times in four months and have run out of compliments for the staff&owners.

Breakfast in bed.(complete with bucks fizz).

A lovely time again.

Thanks to Lauren,Tina,kirsty and all.

• Stayed July 2010
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2010

White House Manor was recommended by my friends who were getting married nearby. It was a little pricier than the other places but looked infinitely nicer, so we decided to book in to a twin room Early Grey. I ended up going alone but could not have felt more welcome.
The fantastic receptionist, Tina, showed me my room which was exactly as it had appeared on the website – massive, comfortable, a symphony of blues, and prettily furnished (complete with Earl Grey tea chests and teacups). It had everything I needed plus a few things I didn’t (DVD player, selection of DVDs – made me wish I was staying for longer), decent toiletries (White Company) and an all important shower that detaches from the wall. So far so good.
It got better. Tina knew I was going to a wedding and asked if I had transport booked, as I’d arrived by cab, I explained where I needed to get to and when. She set about finding me transport. In the event, there were no free cabs in the area but she managed to get me a lift with someone else who was going to the same wedding and staying nearby, Now that’s what I call superlative service! She also left me details of train times for my return, along with a note reminding me that the clocks were going forward that night. Fantastic. While I was waiting for my cab she showed me the Bridal Suite which was ready for a couple who were getting married that day, The Crystal Room complete with 4 poster bed, surrounded by crystals had been set up to be a romantic paradise with champagne, chocolates (set out to spell love), flowers and what looked like a bathroom I could have got lost in. Kind of made me wish I was the one staying there! I got back late but to another friendly welcome. The following morning the lovely Tina was on reception bright and early to see me off with a smile and a wave.

Two small gripes: the hotel uses sheets and blankets rather than duvets. I always find sleeping under blankets used by lots of other people gross. Please consider changing this! And when I got back someone had removed the spare set of towels from my room. I paid for 2 people so I expected to have two people’s towels, even if I didn’t use them!

Other than that though, really there are only great things to say about this place. The location is chocolate box gorgeous, the hotel is lovely but what really makes it great, is the outstanding service. Brilliant!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Member100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestbury
Bridge Hotel
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Alderley Edge Hotel
Alderley Edge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Alderley Edge

Been to White House Manor? Share your experiences!