“Sunday lunch”

Bridge Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 16 Restaurants in Prestbury
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our award winning restaurant has gained a reputation for serving excellent modern international cuisine within a warm and inviting galleried dining room. It is not necessary to be a resident at the Bridge Hotel to make use of our excellent restaurant. Our chef is pleased to offer diners a new and contemporary À la carte, which is very popular and always available, complemented by set lunch and dinner menus. Be entertained on Friday Evenings by Guy Porteous, and Saturday Evenings by the Guy Porteous Duo.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Three of us had Sunday lunch at the restaurant. We were put at the end of the restaurant in a window table which was delightful and overlooked the stream. The food was excellent, especially the duck I had with an amazing crispy skin, best duck I've had in a long time. I will return here as our own experience was great and the staff were attentive enough.

There are newer reviews for Bridge Hotel Restaurant

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I am vegetarian and was obviously catered for as a reluctant after-thought.

The only option for a starter was melon balls accompanied by cream that was whipped with Baileys. This dish would be disgustingly weird at the best of times, but as a starter it's even more gross!

Main course (also the only vege option) was a cabbage parcel on a potato cake. The cabbage was barely cooked and the potato cake tasteless. The near-raw cabbage leaves were filled with what amounted to mushrooms cooked in a can of tomatoes - also tasteless. This was accompanied by roast potatoes that were so burnt I couldn't get my fork into them, boiled carrots that were falling apart from being overcooked, and cauliflower cheese, but not as we know it (cauliflower so overcooked it dissolved on the fork, in a watery white sauce).

I chose a cheese board for dessert as I thought they couldn't go wrong with that.... I was presented with 3 lumps of cheese, 3 soft tiny biscuits and 4 grapes.... odd. They surpassed themselves and got a cheese board wrong!

The best bit about the meal was coffee and the chewing gum I ate to take the taste of the main course away.

3  Thank suzie c
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The long established and local favourite restaurant continues to please! A traditional sunday lunch with the expected trimmings and at an excellent price for good quality ingredients.Good choice in each of the three courses,with soup to salmon starters,with pheasent breast etc between,super roasts and fish for main and a calorie rich dessert.Good coffee and mints to finish.Polite and efficient,friendly service from manager to waiters.Lovely set out tables.Good wine list.Top notch for everything.Book and go!(at time of writingMarch2013, twenty two pounds a head)

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Well done to The Bridge in Prestbury for their innovative approach to filling their restaurant night after night!

In these ever challenging economic times we are all looking to save a few pennies, and many of us are cutting back our restaurant visits by cooking at home and maybe making use of the increasing amount of supermarket meal deals. This is ok for a while, until the novelty wears off and you forget to stock the fridge and find it pretty empty when you most need to knock up a thrifty meal in a hurry!

Well, worry no more my friends from Prestbury and the surrounding area. No need for ready meals or horsemeat supermarket food. Head down to the lovely Bridge Hotel in the Village for their very attractive 3 course meal for two people for £33 inc a bottle of house wine.

I must say I was a little reticent about taking up this offer, only because the Bridge has a reputation for attracting a rather more mature clientele, shall I say. Anyway, on the recommendation of friends, we ventured down to the Village to give it a whirl, and we are glad that we did.

For a midweek evening, it was really busy, which is good to see - no-one wants to be the only diner in the restaurant. Looking around the lounge there were several couples and a group of about 10 ladies of all ages scanning the menu.

We were welcomed and ushered to a seating area and offered drinks and the menu. Very attentive from the word go.

The restaurant was already very busy, hardly a table free. The meal was 'silver service', which I haven't experienced in years, with modern restaurants preferring the 'plated food' approach. It was really refreshing for a change.

Anyway, about the meal.....all of the dishes we chose were tasty but I would say they seemed a bit mass produced and lacked a little finesse. Starters were ok, however, my fish main was disappointing - it was quite soggy and limp. I looked rather enviously at someone else's table who had chosen a' la carte and was tucking into the a fabulous looking fillet steak! That said, my food was palatable enough, well presented and good value. The absolute star of the show was the Sticky Toffee Pudding - it was just heavenly!

The house wine is also worth a mention - there was only one option for a white wine on the £33 menu, which was a Chenin Blanc from SA, I think. It was really good!

Overall I thought our meal was great value and the service was attentive and friendly. I would go again but I would like to try different dishes on the menu next time.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have dined here several times in the last few months, always on a special deal and the outcome is always the same - excellent, attentive service from all the waiters, beautifully presented, imaginative food served in lovely surroundings. What more can you ask for from a restaurant!