“The Rover Returns - a glutton for punishment?”
Review of Butley Ash

Butley Ash
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Prestbury
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I did wonder how much notice large pub chains take of Trip Advisor and its reviews. I had visited the Butley Ash back in January and I, along with others around that time, slated it.

I had noted that all the recent reports were good or very good. So had things really improved? Well, I believe everyone deserves a second chance and so, when I was nearby, I popped in for some grub. It was excellent! The food was spot on, the service was great. The beer was great. I couldnt fault the experience.

I conclude that Trip Advisor does play an vitally important part in consumerism. I doubt that without those bad reports Chef and Brewer would have improved their act so drastically. Well done to the Butley Ash and well done to Trip Advisor! That is another watering hole I visit whilst I am out "roving"!

There are newer reviews for Butley Ash

Reviewed March 22, 2013

On arrival at the Butley Ash we were made to feel very welcome and shown to a seat. The menus were explained to us in great detail and the service was fantastic. The staff were very helpful and friendly, they even made a reccomednation as i were unable to decide what meal to order due to the fantastic choice available. I ordered a sirloin steak and when it arrived at the table the presentation was brilliant and the steak cooked to perfection, the chef had even replaced my chips with a salad as i wanted a healthier option.
Overall our experience at the butley ash was fantastic and the staff had a friendly approach and all seemed to be really enjoying their jobs.
I would recommed the Butley Ash to anyone and will definately be returning soon!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a number of times in the past 6 months and it just keeps getting better and better, so we booked for Mothers Day and it was excellent. The food is delicious and the portions are massive, you certainly get your money's worth. The staff are the friendliest bunch of girls you could wish to meet. If you're looking to book somewhere for a special occasion I highly recommend the Butley Ash. (Try the chocolate fudge cake!!!)

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We wanted a sunday dinner so originally went to a carvery pub but they were rude and the place was dirty so we went to the butley ash. I had never been before but it was totally lovely. I really enjoyed the roast, in fact it was the best roast I've had out. The atmosphere was peaceful and relaxed and the service was spot on. Please go here it is worth every penny.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We visit here quite regularly as I come down on business, to Macclesfield, every couple of weeks and take my Dad out for a meal.
The staff make this pub. They are really friendly, helpful and welcoming.
The food is also excellent and the beer good
They used to do a really good curry special but have stopped doing this.