“Sunday lunch”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nice Sunday lunch, pleasant surroundings and a real fire. Cater for vegetarians and the nut wellington was good.

There are newer reviews for Butley Ash

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a reasonably priced lunch for the first time since it became a Chef and Brewer having had good experiences years ago at C & B restaurants in the West Midlands.

The starters were good - pate fine except for the chutney (just appeared to be small chunk Branston Pickle). The mushrooms were lovely.

The mains were disappointing. Rump burger was passable but the steak and ale pie virtually inedible.The meat was chewy and the pie seemed over-cooked. The broccoli was hard, the mash appeared to be from a packet.

The service was excellent, so much so that we didn't have the heart to complain to the servers.

1  Thank Howard S
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Butley Ash, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Howard S

Many thanks for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback was a concern to hear and I would like to investigate these comments further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a private message and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many Thanks

Chef & Brewer

Reviewed January 12, 2013

A poor starter of black pudding and scallops (!) that was lacking in taste. The best part was the little bit of crispy bacon on top. I then had the duck breast with red cabbage and a strong sauce that killed the taste of the duck. I had been asked how I wanted the duck cooked. My medium rare duck was grey and cooked "upside-down" so the skin was underneath in the thick gravy/sauce. I did however enjoy the pudding. As a plus the service and friendliness of the staff was great.

1  Thank osopeludo
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Butley Ash, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear osopeludo,
Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise for wait for your food you have received at the Batley Ash. I have passed on your comments to our management team and have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Have been here a number of times and will always come back. Today we had a lovely relaxed meal. The food choice was excellent and the service, as ever, second to none!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our first visit here and it won't be the last. The staff were very pleasant and extremely efficient, the drinks choice was good and not to expensive. Food was very tasty, the fried egg was just the way I like it, we were all extremely satisfied. Well done!