All reviews fish and chips the pub old english pub nooks and crannies under new management pretty village saturday night steak booked a table fantastic food full english car park following morning tea and coffee menu party lucie
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

If you want a roast dinner the legh is the place to go! They serve generous portions with all the trimming. The food is of a great standard cooked by some brilliant chefs. Thanks to the newly refined menu they offer a wide range of dishes from the tasty pig cheeks to the creamy risottos, and you can never say no to a side of Parmesan chips. Friendly staff round the place off to make a meal out a great time.

lhood90, Owner at Legh Arms, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

Thanks so much for the great review! Come and see us again soon!

Reviewed October 20, 2017

Having worked at the Legh Arms for over a year I have been witness to the extensive change that has overcame the place in the past few months. Going from a pub with no atmosphere, enthusiasm or passion, the new management, who care immensely for their staff, have transformed the Legh into a fantastic customer driven pub with amazing food bringing in loads of new customers, both diners and drinkers, who always leave with a smile on their face and a good thing to say. On a number of occasions I have taken my family to eat at the Legh as I am proud of my workplace and the quality it provides, this always goes down well with my family who love everything about the new and improved Legh arms. I would highly recommend the Legh to anyone who would wish to eat here and enjoy a fantastic time at a superior quality village pub.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Louise C
lhood90, Owner at Legh Arms, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

Thanks so much Louise. We love having you here both when you are working and when you bring your family for lunch!

Reviewed October 19, 2017

Great atmosphere - even on a Wednesday

Lovely food, fantastically served by Lucie's team and a very warm and homely feeling around the place.

So tempted to ask for the one remaining room on the night- then remembered Thursday work schedule

Will definitely return for a full night and that hearty breakfast on offer.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
lhood90, Owner at Legh Arms, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2018

Hi Lymmlot, thanks for your great review! You'll have to come and stay over on a weekend!

Reviewed October 19, 2017

I have visited The Legh Arms a couple of times now since being under new management and I can certainly say... what an improvement!
Friendly and obliging staff, Sunday roast cooked to perfection and the added bonus of me not having to wash the pots afterwards.
And last but not least I have to say that the manager of the establishment is so helpful and really makes you feel at home.
Thank you Lucie for a wonderful experience and I can't wait to visit again :)

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily_18_94
lhood90, Owner at Legh Arms, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

Hi Emily, thank you for your great review. Our Sunday roasts are becoming very popular, so we're glad you agree! Come and see us again soon.

Reviewed October 18, 2017

The Legh Arms has been a special place for my wife and I over the past forty or so years. We live in Devon now, and on an anniversary trip to the Lake District decided to stay over at the Legh Arms, having never done so before. Well what a shock, a shadow of it's former self, gone the lovely restaurant with it's superb chefs and waiters, gone the busy and bustling ambience, replaced by what to all intents and purposes is just a very ordinary pub. The fact that this establishment on the high street in Prestbury, probably one of the wealthiest villages in Cheshire, was virtually empty says it all. The Manchester based directors and businessmen to whom it was once a haunt seem to be a ting of the past, and have obviously voted with their feet. Such staff as were there were friendly, the room was clean, and the bed comfortable. The meal we had (steak) was tough, and apart from us there was only a group of four young people at another table. The fittings and furniture were poor, and gave the impression that it had been purchased just to fill up the space. Sad to see a lovely old friend in such a state, tip, never go back to a place you loved, you will always be disappointed.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank seadancer-10
lhood90, Owner at Legh Arms, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

Hi Seadancer, thanks for coming to visit us. I am upset to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience. However, I feel that your disappointment that the Legh Arms Prestbury isn't the same one you visited 40 years ago doesn't warrant a low rated review. Our clientele is mainly local people, families, and businesspeople from local companies such as Astra Zeneca, Ashfield Healthcare & McCann Complete Medical. The Manchester directors tend to stay in Manchester! The pub has recently been taken over and the new decor has been received extremely well. The fixtures and fittings have been here for the past 15 years. The pub is certainly not in a "state". It is clean, cared for, well-loved and popular with our guests.