“Christmas Day Lunch”
Review of Legh Arms

Legh Arms
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Prestbury
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I would like to thank the Staff and Chefs at the Legh Arms for making my Christmas Day lunch special. They did everything they could to make the day special. The food was excellent as always.

We ate this year in the Bar instead of the Restaurant, which was equally as good. Although the Restaurant was decorated amazingly and I will be reserving my table for next year as soon as I can.

My only complaint was a table of guests who complained about absolutely everything they could have complained about. Staff were running backwards and forwards doing whatever they could to the point where it became exceeedingly embarrassing. It looked to all the guests that were eating in that part of the bar (3 further tables) that they were trying very hard to get their Christmas Dinner for free. I actually stood up and told the party they were spoiling everyone's Christmas Day and got applauded by all the other tables!!

Its a shame that one bad review can spoil the reputation of a Restaurant that is booked solid for Christmas each year in July.

Please give the Legh a try, it is an amazing pub/restaurant, with amazingly friendly staff, and it speaks for itself by the huge clientele it enjoys.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank nicles110

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had a lovely meal here at the Legh Arms on New Years Eve.The food was up to the usual standard and all the staff were very pleasant and helpful.We had a very nice table for two in the restaurant for our meal and then went into the lounge just before midnight to see in the New Year .We would definitely recommend the Legh to anyone .

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank L0cket
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Just wanted to thank the Legh Arms for an amazing chrsitmstmas day despite a miserable customer who was determined to ruin her Christmas Day and the people around her table. The food was fanstastic and no complaints from anyone in our party. The starter and main were prompt and we all enjoyed our traditional Christmas lunch.

Our only complaint was that someone in a table next to us made us feel very uncomfortable about the way she was complaining. Loud and completely out of order. The staff tried their utmost to resolve the complaint but she continued to complain. Its such a shame when you are having a great time that someone has to spoil the wole day for everyone. Just because she was having a bad day. I just want to thank the staff again for a great day and we are eating there again tonight for New Year's Eve. Can't wait.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Elsie1968
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Took my whole family there for a very special Christmas lunch on Christmas Day itself - 25th December 2012.

We were kept waiting 1.5 hours for our food and were met with hostility from The Manager when we enquired as to what was taking so long. When the food finally arrived it was very poor both in terms of presentation and quality and the Manager's attitude continued to get worse with us with the issues we had with the food. Our melon and parma ham arrived without the parma ham and it was presented in a very poor way, all our staters were cold and prepared so there was no reason to have made us wait so long. The game terrine was so cold it was rock hard and served with extra thick sliced of cold hard, dry toast (I would challenge anyone to eat a Christmas lunch after such a heavy starter). Our turkey dinners were dry as a bone and had no gravy served with them, we had to ask for Gravy which eventually arrived in a tiny half filled milk jug. the Beef Wellington was not pink it was 'blue' and the pastry was soggy and stuck to it. The sprouts were not steamed beautifully, you could not even get your fork into them, they were undercooked.

The Manager was condescending, patronising, rude, confrontational and her basic attitude was that people who complain are not welcome in her restaurant, she has been serving food for 30 years without complaint and she did not believe there were any problems with the food, it was our opinion, she suggested that we just pay our bill and leave. I was told that I was rude to her. Surprisingly I was a very unhappy customer yet she failed to see any wrong with herself and the way she was handling our situation.

I should also like to point out that my family were staying there too in 2 double rooms which were very comfortable. I will however never recommend that anyone stays or goes there again, the attitude of someone like this does not deserve anyone's custom. I read with interest other reviews on this site citing the Manager as a reason not to go.

We have all experienced problems with restaurants in the past, who hasn't? However normally a problem is met with care and good customer service and quickly resolved to the customer's satisfaction. This however was the most awful experience of someone in the service industry I had ever encountered and for that reason I have decided to take this action and make others aware of how we were treated, on Christmas Day of all days.

Our whole day was ruined for me and my whole family by these actions and her words. Let alone the long wait and the poor quality food.

We were offered a paltry £100 off, our total bill for food, drinks and accommodation was around £1000. I am appalled and The Legh Arms should be utterly ashamed of itself on this occasion.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank christinec128
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My third stay up from London at the Legh Arms and yet again everything perfect, and a huge change on the usual business hotels, the breakfast is just wonderful both the food and service, it's like being at home, and this time home made bread!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank seanpmoran
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Excellent room, well kitted out and the free water and chocolates are a nice touch. Great shower and comfortable bed. Exceptional breakfast beautifully prepared with fresh ingredients and huge portions. Friendly and warm staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank seanpmoran
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Spacious room and bathroom
Excellent breakfast and friendly welcome from Renate
Other staff pleasant enough but quite laidback
Bar snacks well prepared and good value
Great location and good parking
WiFi in lounge areas, not room

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeedsKiwi_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestbury
Bridge Hotel
Mottram Hall
Mottram Hall
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club

Been to Legh Arms? Share your experiences!