“Very disappointed!!”
Review of Legh Arms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Prestbury
Legh Arms
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Prestbury
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I chose to have a sunday lunch at the Legh Arms and had high expectations given the pub's location in a lovely village. First impression on arrival was to find the pub lacking in atmosphere with very few people present. Nevertheless we stayed for a meal and found the food to be very poor. We both had sunday lunch (pork and beef). The beef was sliced very thick and it was an effort for me to cut throught it. The accompaniments i.e. vegetables and potatoes looked and tasted as though they had been cooked and kept warm for hours. The food overall; flavourless and fatty! I feel compelled to mention how poor the staff were also; unattentive and rude in their approach. Overall I feel I wasted my money and could have done a better job myself! If I were you I'd look elsewhere to spend a sunday afternoon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kate C

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Called in for a drink and a meal last Monday evening. The pint of Robinsons 3.5% real ale served was far too cold and tasteless-condensation dripped down the glass. My wifes coke was far too sweet and we should have got the message then and left. However we ordered food that was both good and bad. My wife enjoyed her soup but said the home made bread was tasteless. She also said her home made "chips" were lifeless and undercooked-I tried a few and agreed. My salad and cibatta was fine but the beef was tough. The french fries were probably from the freezer to the fryer. Other people seemed to be enjoying their food-and whilst we had no problem with the service and politeness of the Staff it is unlikely we will return

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James B
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

This was a place we saw and thought would be adequate, we were wrong, it is brilliant. The service was good if not a little slow at times (not overly); the food was amazing; the price was cheap for the quality of food we had; and when we complained about the cola being flat, without even mentioning it a replacement was brought over and the charge taken off the bill.

Overall, if I was in Prestbury again I would definitely eat here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 24, 2012

we call in the legh arms.every time we are this way..this is a great little pub...the food and drink are excellent and good price..but what makes this pub is pat and jed the hosts..they are so welcoming and freindly.and i think jed has missed his vocation in life.he should be on the stage he is so funny..alls i can say is keep up the good work.and see you soon..the fishing crew

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We have enjoyed a bar meal at the Legh Arms on fairly regular occasions for a number of years now, but the latest change in the bar menu is definitely a change for the worse. Much too much of an oriental flavour, even the salmon is served with noodles and the pie has been removed. Will be giving this place a miss for a while now until they change the menu again, and has they don't now publish their menus on their website, this could be quite a while.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PeterG44310
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I visited the Legh Arms restaurant as a teenager in the 70s so, when looking for a place to stay with my family on a visit to see Manchester United play and show my sons where I grew up, we settled on this old pub in Prestbury.Our booking by e-mail from Western Australia was handled efficiently by Renate, the manager, and a late change of date was accommodated without fuss. Renate could not have been more welcoming on our arrival after a 20 hour flight from Perth, and that got our holiday off to a great start.
The Legh Arms is a characterful old pub half timbered and dating from 1605. The ceilings in the bar are low (my wife loved this) but ceiling height in the rooms was fine (and I'm six feet four).We booked two rooms for our family of five though a family of four could be accommodated in one room on the ground floor.The rooms were clean and comfortable, spacious enough with good bathrooms. A young staff were capable and cheerful.We stayed a total of six nights and can recommend the Legh Arms without hesitation. The strength of the Aussie dollar at present made the stay very good value at 1/3 price of our London hotel.
Any drawbacks are minor - an overhead nightlight in the ground floor room might be a trifle off-putting to some (not me) and because the car park is one of the few places in the village where you can get mobile phone coverage you may overhear the occasional phone conversation.
Rest assured - there are no noisy drunks in affluent Prestbury.
Must include in this review a plug for Tim Brookes, whose company drove us around Cheshire.
Renate recommended Tim to us and the two of them really made our stay. Tim and his colleagues are reliable and professional, but more than this they are just really nice blokes who went out of their way to help us. If you're an Aussie reading this do yourself a favour and use them but do the right thing by them as they are just fantastic!

Room Tip: The ground floor room (No 1)is larger with two queen size beds.Noise from visitors to the pub is min...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Bar was buzzing, staff were great, cannot fault the place! Food was amazing would definately come back. Prestbury is a beautiful village - would highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2, it was really modern, in contrast to the traditional style of the pub downstair...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank familynay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestbury
Bridge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew
Travelodge Macclesfield Central
Travelodge Macclesfield Adlington
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club

Been to Legh Arms? Share your experiences!