“Bar menu - change for the worst”
Review of Legh Arms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Prestbury
Legh Arms
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Prestbury
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Bar menu - change for the worst”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We have enjoyed a bar meal at the Legh Arms on fairly regular occasions for a number of years now, but the latest change in the bar menu is definitely a change for the worse. Much too much of an oriental flavour, even the salmon is served with noodles and the pie has been removed. Will be giving this place a miss for a while now until they change the menu again, and has they don't now publish their menus on their website, this could be quite a while.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PeterG44310

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I visited the Legh Arms restaurant as a teenager in the 70s so, when looking for a place to stay with my family on a visit to see Manchester United play and show my sons where I grew up, we settled on this old pub in Prestbury.Our booking by e-mail from Western Australia was handled efficiently by Renate, the manager, and a late change of date was accommodated without fuss. Renate could not have been more welcoming on our arrival after a 20 hour flight from Perth, and that got our holiday off to a great start.
The Legh Arms is a characterful old pub half timbered and dating from 1605. The ceilings in the bar are low (my wife loved this) but ceiling height in the rooms was fine (and I'm six feet four).We booked two rooms for our family of five though a family of four could be accommodated in one room on the ground floor.The rooms were clean and comfortable, spacious enough with good bathrooms. A young staff were capable and cheerful.We stayed a total of six nights and can recommend the Legh Arms without hesitation. The strength of the Aussie dollar at present made the stay very good value at 1/3 price of our London hotel.
Any drawbacks are minor - an overhead nightlight in the ground floor room might be a trifle off-putting to some (not me) and because the car park is one of the few places in the village where you can get mobile phone coverage you may overhear the occasional phone conversation.
Rest assured - there are no noisy drunks in affluent Prestbury.
Must include in this review a plug for Tim Brookes, whose company drove us around Cheshire.
Renate recommended Tim to us and the two of them really made our stay. Tim and his colleagues are reliable and professional, but more than this they are just really nice blokes who went out of their way to help us. If you're an Aussie reading this do yourself a favour and use them but do the right thing by them as they are just fantastic!

Room Tip: The ground floor room (No 1)is larger with two queen size beds.Noise from visitors to the pub is min...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Warwick
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Bar was buzzing, staff were great, cannot fault the place! Food was amazing would definately come back. Prestbury is a beautiful village - would highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2, it was really modern, in contrast to the traditional style of the pub downstair...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank familynay
Macclesfield
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We went for a Valentines Day dinner. There was a special mini a la carte menu. The choices were not particularly spectacular, but the service was poor. ther waitress - or Restaurant Manager - was not over helpful but was overbearing. A restaurant of this alleged standard surely should have staff properly dressed & professional. Food was very average and because of this over-priced. I would not recommend this restaurant, until it restores some of its former quality

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
North Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Really nice local pub in a superb village. Food and servcie are excellent but having visited a few times, we are running out of options on the menu.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
cheshire england
Reviewed November 7, 2011

great place with a very busy bar
which also serves lovely food either in the bar area or in the restaurant,
the bedrooms r of a very high standard

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeans-r-us
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Myself and my Irish family stayed here the night before my wedding and my family stayed there for an extra 2 nights after. From the moment I spoke to Renatta , the manager months before my wedding there was nothing that was a problem for her. She recommended hair dressers and constantly kept in touch with regards our rooms and prices. We were all exceptionally well looked after with herself personally cooking me my breakfast the morning of my wedding. Her staff are a credit to her and I had only wished I had stayed there the night of my wedding as well considering the gorgeous suite I stayed in night before. I would definitely go back and plan to very soon

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestbury
Bridge Hotel
Travelodge Macclesfield Central
Alderley Edge Hotel
Alderley Edge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Alderley Edge

Been to Legh Arms? Share your experiences!