“Over priced, poorly staffed and food average”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Legh Arms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Prestbury
Legh Arms
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Prestbury
Macclesfield
“Over priced, poorly staffed and food average”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We went for a Valentines Day dinner. There was a special mini a la carte menu. The choices were not particularly spectacular, but the service was poor. ther waitress - or Restaurant Manager - was not over helpful but was overbearing. A restaurant of this alleged standard surely should have staff properly dressed & professional. Food was very average and because of this over-priced. I would not recommend this restaurant, until it restores some of its former quality

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
North Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Really nice local pub in a superb village. Food and servcie are excellent but having visited a few times, we are running out of options on the menu.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
cheshire england
Reviewed November 7, 2011

great place with a very busy bar
which also serves lovely food either in the bar area or in the restaurant,
the bedrooms r of a very high standard

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeans-r-us
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Myself and my Irish family stayed here the night before my wedding and my family stayed there for an extra 2 nights after. From the moment I spoke to Renatta , the manager months before my wedding there was nothing that was a problem for her. She recommended hair dressers and constantly kept in touch with regards our rooms and prices. We were all exceptionally well looked after with herself personally cooking me my breakfast the morning of my wedding. Her staff are a credit to her and I had only wished I had stayed there the night of my wedding as well considering the gorgeous suite I stayed in night before. I would definitely go back and plan to very soon

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Enjoyed a great night in thr packed out Legh arms. We were fortunate to grab a table, and the food we ate was great however the bar menu is a bit of a mish mash.

Some great starters but they are difficult to link up with a wide choice of mains - a real head scratcher as to what could follow what. The mains are either 'pub grub' or pasta and I think there is room for slightly more choice or some consideration as to what customers may order.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Staffs
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Food in the resataurant - through to the rooms - perfect.
The friendliness of all the staff is also worth mentioning. I was staying there for my sons wedding weekend - and they shared [or tolerated] my excitement!!!
There is a definite problem with phone signal/internet service- but this was a bonus for us in a funny sort of way.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
UK
Reviewed August 15, 2011

from check in to chekout the service was excellent, want anything, the answer was always yes.

food was very good, so much so that we didnt use restaurant and ate in the bar which is full of diners and quite upmarkt in a cosy tradiditional way. main courses were just under tenner in bar & well worth it, think about £16-24 in restaurant. real ale was good and so is the wine, bar prices not bad.

parking is at rear and plenty of it.

modern room, very tasteful and well done with tv, hairdryer, fridge, iron/board. beds were ok but not most comfy ever. bathroom well fitted but could of done with slightly better cleaning and cobwebs around ceiling in here and in bedrm could do with going!

2 small niggles which are not worth thinking (and I am ultra picky) about as the food, atmosphere and possibly the most helpful and friendly staff we ever came accross more than make up for it.

Prestbury's a small village with couple of pubs, about 6 restaurants (inc thai, indian and italian!), florist, chemist, farm shop and a co-op. It is probably one of if not the prettiest village and everyone in it was ultra friendly.

4 star rating from us but if housekeeping was as good as everything else would be 5, will we go back... Yes, as soon as we can

If you like upmarket inn's with character and a warm welcome then this is spot on.

Room Tip: modern rooms are at the back and taditional are at the front but the road did seem quiet