“Wedding”
Review of Legh Arms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Prestbury
Legh Arms
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Prestbury
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wedding”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Myself and my Irish family stayed here the night before my wedding and my family stayed there for an extra 2 nights after. From the moment I spoke to Renatta , the manager months before my wedding there was nothing that was a problem for her. She recommended hair dressers and constantly kept in touch with regards our rooms and prices. We were all exceptionally well looked after with herself personally cooking me my breakfast the morning of my wedding. Her staff are a credit to her and I had only wished I had stayed there the night of my wedding as well considering the gorgeous suite I stayed in night before. I would definitely go back and plan to very soon

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Enjoyed a great night in thr packed out Legh arms. We were fortunate to grab a table, and the food we ate was great however the bar menu is a bit of a mish mash.

Some great starters but they are difficult to link up with a wide choice of mains - a real head scratcher as to what could follow what. The mains are either 'pub grub' or pasta and I think there is room for slightly more choice or some consideration as to what customers may order.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Staffs
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Food in the resataurant - through to the rooms - perfect.
The friendliness of all the staff is also worth mentioning. I was staying there for my sons wedding weekend - and they shared [or tolerated] my excitement!!!
There is a definite problem with phone signal/internet service- but this was a bonus for us in a funny sort of way.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
UK
Reviewed August 15, 2011

from check in to chekout the service was excellent, want anything, the answer was always yes.

food was very good, so much so that we didnt use restaurant and ate in the bar which is full of diners and quite upmarkt in a cosy tradiditional way. main courses were just under tenner in bar & well worth it, think about £16-24 in restaurant. real ale was good and so is the wine, bar prices not bad.

parking is at rear and plenty of it.

modern room, very tasteful and well done with tv, hairdryer, fridge, iron/board. beds were ok but not most comfy ever. bathroom well fitted but could of done with slightly better cleaning and cobwebs around ceiling in here and in bedrm could do with going!

2 small niggles which are not worth thinking (and I am ultra picky) about as the food, atmosphere and possibly the most helpful and friendly staff we ever came accross more than make up for it.

Prestbury's a small village with couple of pubs, about 6 restaurants (inc thai, indian and italian!), florist, chemist, farm shop and a co-op. It is probably one of if not the prettiest village and everyone in it was ultra friendly.

4 star rating from us but if housekeeping was as good as everything else would be 5, will we go back... Yes, as soon as we can

If you like upmarket inn's with character and a warm welcome then this is spot on.

Room Tip: modern rooms are at the back and taditional are at the front but the road did seem quiet
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UkCoco
Twyford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Crikey was it busy on Saturday night - the main bar and seating area was fully of happy locals drinking but predominently eating. I don't know how many chefs there were in the kitchen but we watched plate after plate of piping hot dishes making their way to eager diners!

We turned up with our 7mth old to be told that they didn't have the travel cot we had been led to believe would be there - a bit of an issue at 7pm on a Saturday night 200 miles from home. But no - the proprietor stepped in and set off to the local Tesco to arrive back with an option of 2! Now that is just superb customer service that deserves to be recognised. It is this attitude that all staff at The Legh Arms exude - they simply will go out of their way to make your drink/meal/stay the best they can!

We had booked the restaurant which was a bit quieter than the main bar and enjoyed an excellent meal of good value accompanied by a well-priced wine list. My only comment to the chef would be to reduce the number of flavours on the plate - you're overdoing it a little bit!! All the dishes we had were perfectly cooked (calves liver, rack of lamb) and came out steaming hot - how often do you see your plate steam!

Staff were all great and coupled with a contemporarrily designed room with v pleasant en suite we throughly enjoyed our, albeit brief, stay at The Legh Arms.

Phil

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank PhilTwyford
Bucks
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Just had my second business stay in this charming pub/inn very near to Macclesfield. Service from Renate and team polite and friendly.

My first trip was when the snow arrived during early December - the rooms were warm n cosy and I made sure I got down to the pub early in the evening to bag a spot next to the fire! Breakfast is also very good (fruit platter made with real fresh fruit) and plentiful.

Will be returning to Macc during the Spring for business and the Legh Arms will undoubtedly be where I'll be staying. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I like this place. I'm working in Macclesfield and prestbury is lovely to stay in. Lots of little pubs and restaurants with a very friendly atmosphere.
Rooms are good- there are only 8 in total so booking in advance is a must, but do book because it's great value.

• Stayed August 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestbury
Bridge Hotel
Travelodge Macclesfield Adlington
Chadwick House Hotel
Chadwick House Hotel
#8 of 8 in Macclesfield

Been to Legh Arms? Share your experiences!