“They couldn't do enough for us- a great experience”
Review of Legh Arms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Prestbury
Legh Arms
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Prestbury
Twyford, United Kingdom
“They couldn't do enough for us- a great experience”
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Crikey was it busy on Saturday night - the main bar and seating area was fully of happy locals drinking but predominently eating. I don't know how many chefs there were in the kitchen but we watched plate after plate of piping hot dishes making their way to eager diners!

We turned up with our 7mth old to be told that they didn't have the travel cot we had been led to believe would be there - a bit of an issue at 7pm on a Saturday night 200 miles from home. But no - the proprietor stepped in and set off to the local Tesco to arrive back with an option of 2! Now that is just superb customer service that deserves to be recognised. It is this attitude that all staff at The Legh Arms exude - they simply will go out of their way to make your drink/meal/stay the best they can!

We had booked the restaurant which was a bit quieter than the main bar and enjoyed an excellent meal of good value accompanied by a well-priced wine list. My only comment to the chef would be to reduce the number of flavours on the plate - you're overdoing it a little bit!! All the dishes we had were perfectly cooked (calves liver, rack of lamb) and came out steaming hot - how often do you see your plate steam!

Staff were all great and coupled with a contemporarrily designed room with v pleasant en suite we throughly enjoyed our, albeit brief, stay at The Legh Arms.

Phil

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank PhilTwyford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bucks
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Just had my second business stay in this charming pub/inn very near to Macclesfield. Service from Renate and team polite and friendly.

My first trip was when the snow arrived during early December - the rooms were warm n cosy and I made sure I got down to the pub early in the evening to bag a spot next to the fire! Breakfast is also very good (fruit platter made with real fresh fruit) and plentiful.

Will be returning to Macc during the Spring for business and the Legh Arms will undoubtedly be where I'll be staying. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I like this place. I'm working in Macclesfield and prestbury is lovely to stay in. Lots of little pubs and restaurants with a very friendly atmosphere.
Rooms are good- there are only 8 in total so booking in advance is a must, but do book because it's great value.

• Stayed August 2010
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Stayed at this hotel to kill two birds with one stone by going to a wedding nearby and a party in Manchester the night before. The location was perfect, with a quick hop on the train taking you from the local station (five mins walk) straight to the centre of Manchester in 30 minutes.

The hotel itself has a lovely friendly atmosphere complete with the pub cat Woody who was very friendly. Breakfast was delicious, really generous portions, not skimping on quality ingredients at all. The bar meals were good hearty pub grub at reasonable prices.

Our room (number 7) was one of the traditional rooms and included a really clean, newly fitted bathroom with proper bath. The layout with an entrance lobby and seating area separate from the bedroom made it feel like a mini suite. Also very quiet despite being on the main village street. Iron and Ironing board in the room were very handy for getting the creases out of your wedding things.

Particularly impressed with the free Wifi which was fast and very useful, as mobile reception was patchy in the area.

Only let down on a couple of tiny details, like not enough hangers in the wardrobe and forgetting to put out milk,and enough cups with the tea and coffee in the room but overall these minor details are easily solvable and I would thoroughly recommend the hotel to anyone visiting the area or looking for an unusual alternative for a trip to Manchester.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed March 28, 2010

A large group of us stayed at the Legh Arms for a nearby wedding and everyone was singing the praises of this wonderfully run hotel dating from the seventeenth century (I think). We had booked room number 8 (one of the two period rooms) which we stayed in with our toddler. I wish we could have stayed all week! The room was breathtaking (number 7 also good, but 8 definitely the winner) with gorgeous period details, a lovely bathroom and lots of space. Several of our friends stayed in the contemporary rooms which were also very nice.

The hotel has a great bar and restaurant. The staff were absolutely BRILLIANT and made us all feel so welcome and looked after even when one of our party had managed to flood their bathroom!

Prestbury is pretty, with a few little shops a tea room and a co-op. Not much to do, but if you're into walks I think there's a nice river one - and probably you'd need a car to get and about.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Oundle, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We booked into the Legh Arms as a change from the business hotels one normally has to stay in and we were so enchanted that we wil defintiely go again. Situated in the depths of Manchester United playes' Cheshire, this adorable pub has lovely rooms (go for the traditional rooms, they're bigger) and a fabulous ambience that I had forgotten about.

Breakfast was cooked to order, intead of being on display on hotplates - and youa re only steps aware from the lovely Nice Restaurant (crap name, lovely food).

The bed afforded me the most comfortable sleep in a long time. We will definitely be going back and best of all was the price. Much chepaer than a Marriott or even a Premier Inn, but so much more personalised.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Redlipstick66
London, England
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Attractive old building with modernised facilities. Staff weren't very welcoming as I entered and I should have taken this as a warning. I found a table, went back to the bar and ordered a half of the Unicorn bitter to go with my expected meal. Although the waitress had said that she would take my order at my table when she saw me at the bar, she never arrived. After 10 minutes waiting I returned to the bar, waited another five minutes, and then she turned up and took my order for fish and chips with mushy peas. I sat down, read the paper and listened to the man at the next door table telling his companion how last time he had eaten at this place he had tummy trouble which necessitated an unexpected urgent toilet stop on the journey home. I waited and waited, another half an hour later I still had no food and I had to leave as by now I'd used up all my lunch break. I informed the staff, who did not even have the decency to apologise.

• Stayed March 2010
2 Thank london_traveller34
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestbury
Bridge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Travelodge Macclesfield Central
Travelodge Macclesfield Adlington

Been to Legh Arms? Share your experiences!