“Poor quality food,poor quality staff,a total waste of money.”

Vale Royal Abbey Arms
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Oakmere
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Part of JWLees brewery, providing a warm, friendly welcome to diners and drinkers alike. Situated in Oakmere next to beautiful Delmaere with a large beer garden and plenty of parking. We serve the best Ales from JWLees along with fresh and tasty home made food & a great selection of wines and spirits. Not to mention we are dog friendly. The perfect place to stop after a long walk!
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We popped in for tea last night as meals had always been lovely in the past. We sat at a table and menus were brought to us and we were told to order at the bar. We both ordered fish and chips. When it came it was a large piece of fish served with it was a few chips mushy peas and a tiny amount of tartare sauce. I'd say less than a teaspoon full so we asked for more as neither of us had enough and we were brought another teaspoon full. So we left it at that. The food was horrible the fish slimy and hasten to say I left it. The pub itself was freezing there was no heating on I sat with my coat on to eat as it was so cold. I did ask for the heating to be put on to get my head bitten off saying it was in. The radiator was cold. Their manner towards customers was appalling. The food was even worse. Save ur hard earned money people and stay away.

1  Thank Lisadoods

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is a local pub for us, and whilst we would like it to be a favourite, it isn't, but we call in now and again in hope that it will improve. Tonight, we went in just (or so we thought ) for snacks/starters; we first chose sharing platters, a multiple choice of starter, only to be told that only main courses were available. Fine, we decided on fajitas, which we could share.....however, abbey arms had no wraps. We gave up at that point, and having already ordered a bottle of wine, as we hadn't been warned that some courses - well, probably two thirds of the menu - weren't available, we just sat there and drank the wine.
Although I get that it's the day after Boxing Day, it is a Friday and with at least 2 establishments within a 3 mile radius being capable of feeding people, I really don't understand how difficult it can be to provide people with a reasonable standard of service, but for some reason, this pub continues to disappoint. What a shame

Reviewed December 25, 2013

I've been going to this pub for years and have always enjoyed the food. Unfortunately over the last 6 months the service and food have been poor. Usually go for Christmas dinner but went for dinner on Christmas eve, food was awful, bar staff and waiting on staff were unenthusiastic. Didn't help that the chef could be seen 'adjusting' himself while barking orders 're table set ups. When u have competition in the form of the fishpool inn you really need to up your game. Oh and 3 errors when trying to calculate a bill doesn't inspire confidence.

3  Thank Judithmcgrellis
Reviewed December 20, 2013

The menu is restricted, but that is no criticism.

We all had prawn cocktail with a goodly helping of granary bread. The salad leaves weren't the usual tasteless iceberg, but a selection of raddacio, lambs lettuce and others.

The turkey dinner literally filled the plate. Served with roast and mashed potato, sprouts, parsnips, carrots and red cabbage plus a bacon-wrapped sausage and stuffing (which was somewhat undercooked).

The service was prompt, courteous and efficient.

For just over £5, this was really good value for money.

1  Thank Gwyneth B
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Having arranged to meet up with a new client I choose the Vale Royal Abbey Arms for its location. Once we entered we was greeted by friendly staff. whilst enjoying a coffee my client and I noticed the 2 meals for £9.99 so decided to sample the food.
The server Edd recommended the Fish and Chips which I can HIGHLY recommend. The Fish was Cooked to perfection. After the meal we was offered Dessert by a friendly mature lady who I believe to be called Jayne (according to the survey card which was presented along with the bill)
friendly and warm atmosphere will be visiting again very soon.

3  Thank James J