“By-pass breakfast stop” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vale Royal Abbey Arms

Vale Royal Abbey Arms
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Oakmere
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are part of Old English Inns and as such offer warm and inviting surroundings to enjoy either a hearty meal or a fine pint of cask ale.
Preston, United Kingdom
“By-pass breakfast stop”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stopped at the Vale Royal Abbey Arms on the way too Chester. The overall appearance and location was very good, but unfortunately the breakfast we had was far from ROYAL, in fact i would go as far too say this was the worst cooked breakfast i've recieved in my whole life travelling the U.k. and continent

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Chester, United Kingdom
“POOR food, SLOW service, DIRTY pub and EXPENSIVE for what you get!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Sunday about 5.30pm to find it pretty quiet.
Ordered food which took forever, noticed the pub was not that clean with a very strange candle wax feature over what could've been a very nice sandstone fire place?
The food was rubbish, portion was that small I thought I'd ordered a kids meal!?
Full of uncontrollable kids running around.
Price was not average or even cheap for what you got.
Would rather go to the other new pub down the road for better food, service and value for money.

• Visited August 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“family outing ends in disappointment!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

we visited the Abbey Arms on a Sunday afternoon, a family group of four adults and two children, after ordering drinks we proceeded to our table for the meal, the waitress who took our order was both knowledgeable and helpful, we had our starters which were fine, except there didn't seem to be a full helping of soup in my dish! no problem there was enough for me what with the bread and butter provided, unfortunately it was all downhill from that point! having finished our starters it took at least forty minutes for the main to arrive, a man who I took to be a manager apologised for the delay and assured us our meal was being "plated up" it duly arrived, my scampi was ok, but hardly worth the wait! my Wife immediately realised that her meal had been microwaved, easily detectable as the pastry on her pie had gone soggy!, and worse! the meat was gristle, she immediately called a waiter over who apologised and offered to replace it, my wife having just tried to eat the meat, had, unfortunately lost her appetite and asked for her meal to be taken off the bill, the waiter agreed, this is where customer service should become paramount to the staff, it didn't! the manager who earlier had apologised for the delay ignored us, mistake! no effort was made to make up for the fact that a customer had returned inedible food and that by doing so had only her starter as a meal, the original waitress to her credit came over and upon being told the problem immediately made sure we were not charged for my Wifes meal, we WILL NOT return to this pub! not just because of my Wifes meal but because on learning of the problem none of the management staff had the nous to rescue the situation, poor, very poor.

cheshire, uk
“Poor food and poor training”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stopped here for a meal with my friend today. The premises look great and its clean which is always good! We were served the menus and ordered a Jacket Potato with Chili and my friend ordered the Paella, which when ordered the waiter enthused about. So a bit disappointing to then be told a couple of minutes later that they don't have the paella. These things can happen but I expect the staff to know what they have in stock!

My friend ordered the Pear, Stilton and Grape salad as a replacement. When the food arrived my Potato was what you would expect, no problems there. The salad however had rock solid unripe pear, and all the grapes on the salad were moldy! How the Chef can serve moldy grapes I do not know!

Funnily enough the waiter who had served us originally was no where to be seen. So we complained to another waitress who apologised and offered my friend the option of her third meal. She declined.

They very "generously" didn't charge us for the moldy salad!

If the chef is happy to serve moldy food it makes me question the rest of the fare. As for the disappearing waiter, I hope he wasn't a manager because hiding behind young staff is embarrassing!

Surprisingly my friend and I will not be returning or recommending!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Northwich, United Kingdom
“Love the full service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just been for the second time and yet again more changes and OMG for the better, they now offer full service and at those prices it is fab !

Shown to a able by Doug the manager who introduced us to our waitress and from then on all was taken care of.

I enjoyed my last visit but tis was wonderful and a welcome change, this will become our local, returning on Sunday after our walk in the forest.

Everyone should try the full services area.

• 4 of 5 bubbles