All reviews brewers fayre excellent stay next door all you can eat the pub good nights sleep comfortable stay meal deal adjoining restaurant we've stayed reception area free wifi ample parking disabled person quiet room cooked breakfast tea and coffee making facilities
Reviewed October 10, 2018

I travel pretty regularly, but this business trip was 3 weeks away from home and in the main a female lone traveller. The room yes are great and most have been refurbished, but it is the staff that sets this location apart. I had to come 200 miles away from my family for 3 weeks for business. The team here checked on me regularly, moved my room when they realised that I was working a number of night shifts on a project, and all in all were really helpful, friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them.

I would like to say thank you to Jackie on reception who made me feel that no matter what I needed I could ask for. Jackie really is a people person and took plenty of time to chat when she could tell I was a bit homesick.

Fab team, fab location and the pub restaurant next door were great as well (Cookhouse & Pub). Being there eating most days either for breakfast, lunch or dinner the team were really friendly. All of the staff when they realise you are a female lone traveller make you feel secure and welcome.

I can't write a more highly regard to this team and location. Premier Inn you have excelled yourself. I will return (but hopefully not to soon in the distant future), but thank you.

Room tip: Ask for one of the refurbished rooms on the south side.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Anne E
Reviewed October 5, 2018

The staff here are excellent and friendly. I stayed here at the first week in August and had booked 4 rooms. We spent time in the newly opened cookhouse which I will review separately. The hotel was clean and neat and looked like it had been recently redecorated. Apart from not having a a lift which is not great for arthritic knees and I should have checked prior, my main issue was that all 4 or the rooms were so hot. This was not great as we were going to a wedding and had to get ready in such hot rooms. They were hot all night and the windows only open slightly and made no real difference. No control of the cooling in the room either. For this reason I would not stay here again. I have seen comments on the reviews about banging...our rooms were quiet and no noise issues.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

I had a great nights sleep at this hotel. Parking was plentiful, the room was large, clean and really comfortable. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again if I need to return to the area.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2018

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed October 1, 2018

With ample secure parking this is an ideal place tp stay when doing day trips to the villages around the Peak District. The hotel facilities are good for a budget class hotel, with dining options to suit most pockets. All staff were very friendly

Date of stay: September 2018