“Gone downhill of late”

Description: MARCO MARCO HAS NOW CLOSED AND BEEN REPLACED BY BELLA NAPOLI
Chester, United Kingdom
“Gone downhill of late”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went with 2 adults and two young teenagers on a weekday night. Bought food off the "early bird" menu. Lasagne was underdone, cold in the middle, blisteringly hot on the outside, and fresh from the microwave!

Pizza was ok but service was slower than on previous visits. staff are polite and friendly but on the last two visits, the food has not been up to scratch. Shame because this used to be very nice.

Northwich, United Kingdom
“Always go”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I have been coming here for 3 years and have seen it change owners but the current owners; Alex and Guissepe are brilliant hosts and the staff are so friendly and attentive.

The food is top quality fresh food and very reasonable compared to many pubs/restaurants in the area.

We have taken a number of our friends there who now go regularly as they enjoyed it so much.

Give them a try and you won't be disappointed.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food and location”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Had a very pleasant and authentic Italian meal today @ Bella Napoli. The food was excellent along with the service. The restaurant has had some structural changes recently which has added to a more cosy atmosphere.

Would recommend this restaurant to friends and family.

Northwich, United Kingdom
“Needs to be more consistent”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Needs to be more consistent
Had a pizza takeaway, it was absolutely excellent, authentic and delicious. Based on this good experience we as a family decided to dine at the restaurant for Sunday Lunch. Service was friendly and attentive. My pasta dish was very good indeed, but my wife’s pizza was slightly undercooked: A disappointment given its nice flavour. My daughters’ lasagne was a bit over cooked, although tasty. Some elements of the menu are not as good as at the last Italian restaurant on the site Marco Marco, particularly the side salad which was rather bland compared with the beautifully presented and tasty salad we used to have with the previous chef, under the last owner.
We know this restaurant can be excellent; we have experience elements of that, it just needs to be more consistent!!

• Visited August 2013
Liverpool
“Would not return”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went here when our first choice was fully booked.
Staff were friendly and the starters were good, but unfortunately it all went downhill from there.
My partner ordered a Florentina pizza. When it arrived, the egg in the centre was completely raw. He sent it back and ordered a different pizza. His sister ordered salmon in lime butter - it was undercooked an slimy and had to be sent back. In fairness they did make her pasta with pomodoro sauce which wasn't on the menu. I ordered a calzone pizza. When it arrived, the cheese in the centre was not melted and the fillings were cold. I sent it back and they made me a new one. The second one was no better. After the waitress had put her finger in the pizza (!) to see how cold it was the pizza was taken away. Unfortunately when it came back only some more cheese had been put on the top of the same pizza and it had been put back in the oven! And it was still cold in the middle. By this time my partner and his sister had finished their meals so I ate round the edges and left most of it....
All in all the evening was rather a farce and whilst memorable (for all th wrong reasons) I won't be returning.
They did knock the price of the calzone off the bill and sent us home with a bottle of beer, and I am sure it was a problem with the oven rather than the chef, but it was not a great gastronimical experience!

• Visited August 2013