“Didn't expect much but nicely surprised”
Review of Bella Napoli - CLOSED

Bella Napoli
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: MARCO MARCO HAS NOW CLOSED AND BEEN REPLACED BY BELLA NAPOLI
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband, daughter and I were treated by my mother in law on Sunday evening and we decided to give this restaurant, which we'd passed on a few occasions, a try.

We were put off when we walked in as there were signs up telling us that the card machine was out of order but we luckily had enough cash between us.

Decor was ok, quite homely but ok! Music wasn't great but low enough so that it didn't intrude or irritate.

However, the food was great!

Lovely calamari and prawns, batter very light and likewise on the zucchini that I decided to pick at as a starter. I had the ravioli and the consistany and the tomoto ams white wine sauce was lovely. Great pizza, light and crispy base without being dry, and my husbands fillet steak rossini was lovely and great value.

A pleasant experience.

We will be back!

There are newer reviews for Bella Napoli

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had pizza and a lasagne, and they were all delicious. Unfortunately, the rocket I wanted on my pizza was not available, however, someone did go out to purchase some from a nearby shop and halfway through my meal, they brought me some, so I was pleased with this service. The side salad we had was very nicely presented and tasty as well.
Our Panacotta desserts were delicious too.
I can't understand why it was so quiet on a Sunday lunch time, as we had such a pleasant experience.
I am not sure why some previous reviews have been so negative as this was not at all our experience.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was the first time i visited this restaurant and i must say we were happy at first with the starters were lovely , i ordered risotto which i found disappointing and my husband ordered pizza which was ok burnt on the hedges , The italian waitress was offputting because when i went to the toilet she was in there when she finished she walked out not even washing her hands she also smelt of tobacco we will not be going back again she Disgusted Me

1  Thank B S
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Visted one recent Saturday with my wife and children.

Service very efficient.

Food, Childrens portions and quality good. Adults - I had a basic lasagne that was OK, but the tomato flour was overpowering and I could hardly taste the beef or the cheese. Perhaps that's how they have it in Italy, but not for me. My wife had the Spinach Ravioli which she was happy with.

For us, if you go a "restaurant" you want an experience,a bit of warmth, personal interest and some interaction with the staff. But you get, clinical efficiency........

Hello
How many of you are there
This way please
Here are your menus
What drinks would you like
Here are your drinks
Here is the food
Here is the Bill
Good Bye

Perhaps its me, people strive for efficiency but no or neglible interaction.That's fine in MacDonalds but not in a "Restaurant". The chap who dealt with us was someone senior perhaps the restaurant manager, but there was never a smile.... not even when he was taking our money.!

This place is situated in a old pub and for us it is not as we would expect a restaurant to be, it more of better than average pub food or service.

I'm sure some people will love this place, but it's not quite for us.

Some warm and friendly staff wouldn't go amiss.!

Nothing really stood out for us, so it's not on our "rush back" list

1  Thank jonathan j
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Bill for four pizzas and ice cream seemed astronomical but on checking found several drinks and coffees had been added inappropriately. Pizzas were ok, but not as billed eg sardine on the pescatore was salmon! Ice creams were very disappointing and reminiscent of supermarket own brands, but charged as premium home made.

1  Thank drbg