“Amazing experience I was still grinning about all day!”

Vale Royal Falconry Centre
Ranked #5 of 32 things to do in Northwich
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: By Appointment Only! New Falconry Activity Centre (registered zoo!) Open all year round for private and personal bookings and experiences with birds of prey and meerkats! Please ring to discuss your requirements and we would be pleased to help. Our offering is unique as it is personal and private! Suitable for individuals, families or party groups.
Cheshire, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience I was still grinning about all day!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Was given a Meerkat manor experience voucher for Christmas which we redeemed on a lovely sunny day in May. It was an unbelievable experience, I had no idea we would get such close and privileged access to the meerkats. We went into the enclosure (after being kitted out in overalls - advise sensible footwear! - and given instruction on how to interact) and the meerkats were incredibly friendly and quite happy to run all over us, use us as lookout posts and snuggle into our arms! Nanette was extremely knowledgable and gave us loads of interesting information. The birds of prey are also really worth a visit, and the flying area looks huge, can't wait to go back and book in for a display sometime. Overall amazing experience and incredibly good value.

1 Thank Hlb14

Malaga, Spain
“If you are going to do it do it with the professionals”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Having scoured the internet for the north of England for a Falconry centre to take my 11year old grandson to as a treat with a difference, I found the passion and the lack of the 'hard sell' appealing, so booked for my son, grandson and myself to go one Sunday morning. What a wonderful experience it turned out to be. Phil and Nanette, considering they do this talk everyday, came across as friendly, enthusiastic, extremely informative, interesting and totally professional. The personal interaction with the birds is something none of us will ever forget. The finale with Phil and his peregrine falcon and the speed of the bird in his fly past took our breath away and made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. I could go on and on about this place but will just say if you have ever even though about it, book it. Phil and Nanette are the facilitators but the stars are definitely the beautiful, majestic birds; especially Denis.

Altrincham, United Kingdom
“highly recommended”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This is my 2nd attempt at writing a review of Vale Royal Falconry Centre and if I wasn't so highly motivated because it was so good I would have given up! It was more than good - my daughter and I had a wonderful private experience morning, starting with the meerkats for half an hour and then moving on to a 2 hour falconry experience. It was my 70th birthday treat to myself and worth every penny. I chose Vale Royal because other reviews had said that Phil and Nanette go that extra mile to make it personal, which they did. We had a marvellous time - the meerkats were a delight and as my daughter and I had been kitted out with thick gloves Nanette used my camera to take photos of us being used as look-outs. The birds were every bit as interesting as expected and Nanette and Phil were keen to share their knowledge and enthusiasm, and very generous with their time. Being able to feel an owl's feathery body on my cheek was fantastic and experiencing the weight of the differently-sized birds as they landed on my outstretched arm was an eye-opener.

The birds are rested at different times, so another person's bird experience may involve different birds, but we met, handled and learned about a variety, from the little owl to the eagle and I would recommend it to anybody for a fascinating and eye-opening experience.

Visited April 2014
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing day, wonderful experience.”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

We were made to feel so welcome from the beginning when a personal birthday message was written on the blackboard in the Meerkat Mews. We then put on our overalls and were shown into the enclosure and instantly we were made to feel comfortable. The meerkats jumped all over us and cuddles into our arms! Nanette was so knowledgeable and her passion for the animals was clear. We also got a chance to meet the birds including Dennis the gentle giant. It was an amazing experience. I couldn't speak more highly of the place. Very much recommended.

Oswestry, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Visits by appointment only!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Drove all that way and it was closed, checked the website again later and found a single line hidden in all of the text, visits by appointment only, please make that clear guys. Day not lost though as we went to the a gauntlet birds of prey park in knutsford and that was great.

4 Thank Dave L