“Not your average Bird of Prey experience!!!!”

Vale Royal Falconry Centre
Ranked #5 of 32 things to do in Northwich
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: By Appointment Only! New Falconry Activity Centre (registered zoo!) Open all year round for private and personal bookings and experiences with birds of prey and meerkats! Please ring to discuss your requirements and we would be pleased to help. Our offering is unique as it is personal and private! Suitable for individuals, families or party groups.
cheshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Not your average Bird of Prey experience!!!!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife booked an Eagle Encounter for me as a birthday gift. I called the Falconry Centre and asked if I could take my young daughter (2.5 yrs) along as she is obsessed with anything furred or feathered. I spoke with Nanette who told me this would be fine. From the moment we arrived we were really well looked after. Nanette suggested tailoring the morning to give my daughter as much involvement as possible and promptly produced a little glove for my daughter to use. We were shown a great variety of birds including hawks, falcons, eagles and owls and were briefed on each one. Then, onto the hands on falconry! This consisted of being up close to various birds on the glove including a Little Owl, Barn Owl, Eagle Owl called Dennis who likes to be snuggled, male & female Harris Hawks, Russian Eagle and finally a magnificent Golden Eagle. Nannette is clearly a very experienced and knowledgable falconer - all of the birds were in fantastic condition, the centre is well maintained and you are made so very welcome from the moment you arrive. I have been to other centres but this experience really did top all of the others, so much so that it has cemented my desire to learn more about the ancient art of falconry. Thanks for a perfect experience!

Visited October 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A great treat for the entire Family!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My family and I had a fantastic experience that none of us will ever forget! If I could give Vale Royal Falconry Centre 10 stars I would!

For my family's trip to England I had tried to register with another Birds of Prey experience with another close by competitor but they never responded to multiple emails or phone calls. Nanette answered the phone on the first ring and had us scheduled into their busy schedule for the next day after we arrived! Not only that but it was a fantastic surprise to find out they offered a Meerkat experience too. It was a great surprise for my daughters too. I had them trying to guess what other experience they would never think of - on the way there that day. Their best guess was "Ostrich Riding?!"

Again - the experience was fantastic! Hugging an owl was not something I expected and was pleasantly surprised by. Phil came out with the monstrous Golden Eagle and showed us how powerful it was.

Like others said - it seemed like a privilege to visit here with this family and their loved ones!

Go try it!

Visited July 2013
Chester, England, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fabulous”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Bought my mum a meerkat experience, and what an experience she had! She was able to feed the meerkats in their enclosure, and she went into the enclosure where the meerkats were very friendly and they were soon climbing all over her . A great experience which I'm sure lasted longer than it should have. We were then shown around all the different species of birds and we were able to get up close and my little girl was able to give the eagle owl a cuddle . I would thoroughly recommend this place BRILLIANT x thanks

Visited September 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“You have got to try it!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I feel privileged to have visited.

Little tricky to find (read directions on the website and it's suddenly very easy!

So we arrived and first impressions weren't very convincing. Went to pay and told "I'm helping out so I've not got the till open yet". Gave £20 and said we'd pick up change on the way back out as its only £6 each.

Walked in and looked at some pretty birds in averies and then turned the corner. To be honest I was thinking "is this it? We'll have seen Everything in half an hour".

I could not have been more wrong. If we were talking about just looking at birds if prey in an avery then maybe. I hadn't factored in that we would be holding and stroking pretty much every feathered resident, with a chat from the owners about each. Not just the species but each birds personality. Then we were all given falconer's gloves and we were flying a barn owl from glove to glove to glove. Flying kestrels from posts to gloves. Meeting Dennis (the friendliest owl ever- actually gives cuddles!)

They do experience days here too which I think I will be booking soon. But you get lots in the basic gate fee any way. I don't know of we fell lucky as it was fairly quiet but one of the owners say they aim for every guest to have held and flown at least one bird. Several hours later we left.

As we got into the car my partner reminded me about the change I had not collected. To which I explained that I hadn't forgotten, but felt that even at £10 each we had gotten more than our money's worth.

Would really recommend for experience days or just an off the cuff "what shall we do today". Our first visit will not be out last.

Visited April 2013
4 Thank funkyhair
Runcorn, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Billiant experience would thoroughly recommend”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Had a fabulous hour on the Hawk Walk, Nanette the falconer is extremely knowledgable & passionate about the birds, she explained so much to us, the knowledge enhanced the experience. We got to fly a Hawk & cuddle Denis the Eagle Owl. Many other birds of prey are on display & a recent addition to the attraction are the Meerkats, sure to please anyone. A great visit, despite the rotten weather, but go along prepared for an outdoor experience & the weather doesn't matter. Will be sure to visit agian & would recommend to anyone.

Visited May 2013