“Nice place to stop for a bite to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Antrobus Arms

Antrobus Arms
Ranked #37 of 103 Restaurants in Northwich
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Nice place to stop for a bite to eat”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Popped in with the Hubby on Friday after work, wasn't really hungry so decided on a sandwich then the girl came out to tell me it was beef not steak? And they didn't have any, so I had a starter instead which wasn't anything special if I'm honest, my Hub had steak pie and said it was no better than he has in our local. Nice enough but not enough to make me want to return...

• Visited September 2013

Cheshire England
“Not sure”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This pub always seems busy at lunch time. We were told when we ordered that there would be a 20 minute wait. After 40 minutes had elapsed, one of us asked when the food was coming as we had been waiting for 40 minutes. The woman behind the bar told him that it had only been 15 minutes since we ordered and he was wrong The food finally arrived 5 minutes later. The quality was OK.
Customer service needs improving.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Cheshire174
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Busy but lovely quality”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Popped in on the way back from a business meeting and was surprized to see the pub packed! Nice food, really good value for money. Would recommend.

• Visited August 2013
Northwich, United Kingdom
“Good home cooked comfy pub”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Been here several times over recent years and its always good. It's all home cooked and its very homely. The portions are always very generous too which is good if you're greedy like me! Very reasonably priced too. It's nothing fancy but a very good country pub.

• Visited September 2013
“Food just like mum used to make!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly service. Relaxed down-to-earth atmosphere. Mixed clientele many of which are locals. Nothing to much trouble. Children welcome and small play area outside.. I haven't used this so not sure if you can eat there while they play. Nice selection if wine which is very reasonable priced. Good selection of beer too. Tap room to the rear with satellite tv for sports. I sat in here once because main pub area was full. Was a bit working mans feel but hey, very friendly and j enjoyed the banter! Prefer the main bar area. There is a back room area but I haven't used this as I feel 'cut-off' when I went in there. Booking a table is advisable but that have never failed to accommodate when I have just turned up on spec. Live this place as no need to dress up if you don't want too. Great place to take family or friends for a casual no thrills eat out out. Favourites... gammon egg and chips, fish and chips. Massive portions! Honest food with a local feel.

• Visited July 2013