“Not such a good second visit”

Kanya Cafe Bar & Bistro
Ranked #2 of 103 Restaurants in Northwich
Cuisines: Indian, Cafe, British, European
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Kanya is a bistro style restaurant in Northwich town centre - indeed it is the only restaurant in the heart of the town and rated as number one in Northwich. The comfortable, cheerful and relaxed atmosphere of Kanya provides the perfect setting to enjoy quality food at affordable prices, sourced locally where possible. We are hosting Christmas parties throughout December and a Grand celebration on New Years Eve. So book your table to experience an evening to remember with the most fantastic food you will find in Northwich. When it comes to quality food, you can't go wrong at Kanya. Kanya serves breakfast and lunch during the day and offers fine dining food every Friday and Saturday evening. The type of food we serve in the evening is what you will find only in a top class hotels or a top quality restaurant. No big talk, it's a fact - experience it yourself! Example of food we offer in the evening: a variety of steaks such as 10oz Fillet,10oz Sirloin, 12oz T-Bone and Rib eye; a variety of lamb dishes , poultry dishes, fresh fish such as Sea bass, cod loin, salmon, lobster and much more... Kanya prides itself in constantly bringing the best of culinary flair to Northwich and the surrounding areas within Cheshire. Experience the delights of Kanya!
Derby, United Kingdom
“Not such a good second visit”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I always like to try restaurants that I have enjoyed greatly at least twice to see if they can maintain the standards. On this evening visit to Kanya we were disappointed to find two large tables with diners that included some very young children dominating the restaurant. In my opinion, 7 pm onwards is when grown ups go out to eat and they don't particularly want to share that experience with young children. It appeared that one table was occupied by friends or family of the owner judging by the freedom of the restaurant and kitchens enjoyed by one of the controlling adults. Also later, a table of twenty somethings who were having a meal were joined by an obvious friend of theirs who just pulled up a chair from another table and sat watching them eat whilst quaffing beer - surely not normally allowable behaviour for a restaurant?
The above aside; the food was of the same excellent standard but was spoiled a bit by the atmosphere. The owner needs to make up his mind what sort of restaurant experience he wants to offer and if he chooses the cafe / pub atmosphere that we experienced, then we for one couple will not be returning. That would be a shame as it is one of the few places in Northwich that offers food of a high standard.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Robin S
Nagendra36, Owner at Kanya Cafe Bar & Bistro, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Madam,
Thank you for taking out time to write a review. I appreciate your comments and I have seriously considered the suggestions you made, particularly about the Children in the restaurant at night. I will ensure that my children visit earlier in the evening to minimise the disruptions.
With regard to those customers who wish to include their children in sharing an evening meal, I feel that it is the responsibility of the parents to ensure that their children’ are well behaved. I would not wish to exclude children totally from an evening visit as it is an introduction to ‘eating out’. You will be aware that it is common practice on the continent for children to accompany their parents when dining out as it is considered to be an important part of their social education. I would hope that this practice could be regarded as equally important in Northwich.
You also raised the issue of a table of friends being joined by a further friend to share drinks. I am sorry to hear that you felt that this was inappropriate behaviour. From my twenty years’ experience of working in the hospitality industry throughout the world, this behaviour is quite acceptable as long as it does not cause any disruption to the other guests. As the owner, I was pleased to welcome another customer and felt happy that people considered Kanya was a welcoming establishment, where they could socialise with their friends.
Should you wish discuss any of these issues with me, I would be pleased to welcome you for coffee. In this way I can hear your point of view more fully. I am naturally very pleased to read of your appreciation of the food which we provide and would dearly like to know that we can be assured of your future custom. An informal chat, would, I believe, go a long way to making sure that your future visits are not marred in such ways as you indicated in your review. We, as a staff always appreciate feedback from our guests. In this way we can gain insights into customer needs and do our utmost to fulfil them.
Regards
Nagendra

Cheshire
“A warm welcome and delicious food”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My 2 daughters and I discovered Kanya about a year ago and now visit for lunch virtually every weekend. The lunch menu is extensive and there is something to suit everyone whether you would like a sandwich or a hot meal. I can highly recommend the soups, which are all freshly made and very tasty. The best thing about Kanya is the welcome you receive from the owner. It is clear that he really does want to make people feel welcome. The recent renovations which have been carried out are great because there's now more room as the place is always busy and also it now has much more of a bistro atmosphere which is great for evening dining. This is definitely the best place to eat in Northwich. The prices are very reasonable and you get a lot for your money.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank flippertygibbert
Nagendra36, Owner at Kanya Cafe Bar & Bistro, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking out time to write such a positive review. I am pleased to know that you had witness great experience whenever you have visited us. As you are aware that I take great pride in the hospitality and product we offer. We, as a team at Kanya are tring our best to offer a memorable experience for our visitors. However, we are always pleased to receive suggestions as to how we can improve on your service and products.

I look forward to welcoming you in near future.
Regards
Nagendra Kumar Prasad
Cheshire
“Kanya for breakfast”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We dropped in for breakfast, what a treat, cooked fresh, plenty of toast, tea and coffee, probably the best breakfast in Northwich.
We really must try Lunch and Dinner.

• Visited July 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice food - great friendly service”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

First time I have eaten here - first impressions on arriving was very nice modern decor and a very friendly greeting from what I suspect was from one of the owners. We were seated and given extensive breakfast menus. When the food arrived it was of very good quality it tasted very fresh and was nicely presented - if you have been a regular of Charlie's or somewhere else in northwich for breakfasts before or are just visiting the town then please give this place a try, not everything was perfect but I can highly recommended it! Will try it for lunch ASAP.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Happymondays4
“Excellent food and staff”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Excellent worth visiting great friendly staff excellent food great location and easy available Parking

• Visited September 2013