“Stockley Farm - great day out!”

Stockley Farm Birds of Prey Centre
Ranked #2 of 32 things to do in Northwich
More attraction details
Owner description: Birds of Prey ( Owls, Hawks and Falcons )experiences in a lovely Cheshire setting.
Staffordshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Stockley Farm - great day out!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We visited stockley farm on Monday 22 July. The farm was open from 1-5, we arrived just after 1 and managed to get the first tractor to the farm. Our little girl absolutely loved the tractor, it was a good 5 mins to get there and as the weather was good all the cows and sheep were out in the fields near by for her to look at.
We were so surprised on arriving at the main farm having been to many 'children's farms' Stockley farm blew all the others out of the water. There was a huge outdoor play area with swings and climbing frames, and an outdoor sand pit and climbing walls for older kids. The grass was well maintained in this area so you could take a blanket and sit out and there was plenty of tables in this area with umbrellas for you to sit at. In the centre of the farm there was another lovely green area with tables for picnics. The whole place was spotlessly clean. In the main barn there were baby goats, calfs and piglets as well as smaller family pet animals (rabbits, guinea pigs, hedgehogs) a great bit highland cow LuLu and pigmy goats.
On our arrival in the barn a member of staff was sitting with a baby goat and encouraged our little girl to stroke it, which was lovely.
I will say the staff throughout our visit were really friendly and helpful and took time to speak to the children and explain about the animals.
After the barn an announcement told us that some of the small pets were out for petting on the grass (a couple of rabbits and an albino hedgehog - very cute!) the animals weren't just held by staff they were let on the floor to wander around the children, again this was a lovely touch.
We stayed for the baby goat feeding which was a real giggle, the goats are bonkers! As soon as they're let out if the pens in the main barn they come skipping and skidding to the feeding area, the staff made sure that everyone got to feed the goats at least once.
The horses and donkeys were out at one point too so that you could brush them.
I believe at the weekends they have sheep racing!
We visited on a glorious day but I'd even go when it was raining as the barns would be dry, and there is a huge indoor play area with indoor sand pit, hay bale climb and bouncy castle. We didn't really go in but it was very clean and the children that were in there seemed to be having a great time!
You can also watch the cows being milked as this is a working dairy farm.
There is a little shop, a cafe serving a choice of food (with healthy options for children) and an ice cream parlour.
Although it might seem expensive on first look, this really is a special little place - pack a picnic and enjoy! We will certainly be back!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank hbmb

Stockport, United Kingdom
566 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 439 helpful votes
“So many things to do and see”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We took our 6-year old grandson to Stockley Farm and he loved it! On arrival we had to wait about 10 minutes before a tractor with trailer took us from the car park to the farm - timing is everything as we had just missed the previous tractor. Once in the farm there are so many things to do and see - our grandson particularly liked the petting area and also the sheep racing - a quirky, fun thing that the farm organises.The birds of prey are the main attraction and they were very impressive. There is a good variety within the children's play area so plenty of opportunity for the youngsters to run off all of that energy.
We ate at the on-site cafe - freshly made sandwiches at reasonable cost.
Our grandson keeps asking when we will go back - I am sure that it will not be too long!

cheshire
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Stockley farm 1st visit”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We decided to go here for a day out with the children as we had 2 vouchers for free child entry with paying adult!! On arrival it was £8.95 for adults, then you wait for a tractor to take you down to the actual farm.

There is a lovely big play area that my children loved! We watche the goat and sheep racing, then went over to pets corner where the staff get out the rabbits, hedgehogs, guine pigs, ferrets etc for you to hold. There are piglets and calfs to look at. A nice big indoor play area as well!! This is like half a day out not a full day we spent 2.5 hrs here and we were done!!

Visited July 2013
Liverpool
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A flight of fancy at Stockley Farm Birds of Prey”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was a gift bought for my friend who wanted experiences for her birthday, so I found this place online, got a great deal and spoke with Gary. I was worried in case it wouldn't be as my friend expected, but it was absolutely worth every penny and more. This experience was fantastic we arrived at 11:00 met up with Claire and spent the next 2 hrs + being taught about birds of prey by a true knowledgeable, enthusiastic bird guardian. My friend and myself had the opportunity to handle most of the birds and appreciate their nature and personalities. I took lots of photos and will make an album for my friend and I've told all my friends, who they are keen to visit too. Stockley farm is well worth a day out. The farm is fascinating and has good cafe (recommend their Courgette soup). Thanks to Claire and Gary and most of all to the wonderful birds.

Bury, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful family day”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Visited Stockley bird of prey centre today with my husband and two children aged 8yrs and 5yrs. What a fantastic day. We arrived late due to getting a little lost but was still given our full time and more. Claire the lady that did the experience with us was great she was knowledgable about the birds and funny and handled them with care and expertise. She was great with my kids and made us feel like V.I.P. The rest of the farm was fab too so much to do and we'll kept. We didn't eat in the restaurant as we had took a packed lunch but it looked nice. All the staff were friendly. Also had positive feeling about the place from when I first spoke to a man called Gary when I made my booking. Well done Stockley and special thanks to Claire for a memorable day.