“Great sunday roast and atmosphere”
Review of The Bulls Head

The Bulls Head
Ranked #28 of 116 Restaurants in Northwich
Cuisines: British, Gastropub, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Bulls Head in Davenham near Northwich is a friendly village pub serving home cooked, market fresh food and a selection af fine cask ales, lagers, beers & ciders. With a large selection of wines from around the world and also a large gin and whisky selection. We have outdoor seating areas to the front, rear & side providing plenty of space for eating & drinking. We have a 50 seater restaurant and 2 bar lounge areas which are also available for small parties. Dogs are welcome in the tap room.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Lovely traditional pub serving a good quality Sunday roast... decent choice of drinks as well. Service was prompt and friendly. Would certainly recommend anyone in the area going here. I would like to see the outdoor area improved as in nice weather seating is limited.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Having recently moved to the area we thought that we would sample the local delights with some friends and are completely sold on this gorgeous village pub. We booked a table as we live close enough to see how busy it can get on a Friday evening, we are pleased to say there is no getting you in and out as quickly as possible at the bulls head. Once you have booked your table it is yours for the evening and the gentle pace of village life begins; we spent a lovely evening and we were never without drinks, we were served by some lovely amiable staff who took their time with our food and allowed us to enjoy the evening completely. My meal was one of the special's a 10oz rib eye that was cooked to perfection and totally gorgeous, I also indulged in a pudding a totally scrumptious florentine tart with creme and I highly recommend it :-) we love this place and will definitely be making our visits more regular. If you are bored by the slow pace of village life and prefer to get in and out of a restaurant without having time to blink or enjoy the food then the bulls head is not for you. However if you like time to enjoy a full evening out with a great atmosphere, good service and excellent food them maybe you should give it a go.

1  Thank Ju R
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Two things that you want to experience when eating out is good food and good service, me and my friend experienced neither of these when we visited this pub which was a shame because the outside and general look of the place was very appealing! Staff were rude and unhelpful and I had soup and a sandwich which were just awful. Soup tasted like water and the sandwich was soggy and for the prices we paid it was terrible value for money! Won't be returning!

3  Thank Missymoo90
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I visited the pub last week for a meal - great choice and the food was amazing.

Well recomended and will be going back for more soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Couldn't ask for a better place,food is excellent but menu needs to change once in a while , staff are friendly and pleasant and very accommodating .the Sunday lunch was very nice I've eaten the pork and beef both are very good.
The mixed grill should be on the menu all the time as if its meat you want it's meat you get and lots of it , my favourite meal so far was the special of slow braised lamb shank on mustard mash with seasonal veg I ordered extra veg and was very tasty another addition of this dish to the menu would be great .
Overall my whole experience of the bull is great ,great food great staff great service ,thanks .