“Excellent country local with great food and a nice atmosphere”
Review of The Holly Bush Inn

and 1 more site!
The Holly Bush Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Northwich B&B and Inns
Wokingham, Uk
“Excellent country local with great food and a nice atmosphere”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a superb local pub in an excellent location just minutes from the M6. We stated in the (huge) car park in our Motorhome, as the pub has a reciprocal arrangement with a Motorhome owners club. So we cannot comment on the rooms, although the whole set-up looked really nice. But the food in the restaurant was great value, with an extensive menu. Wine prices were also very reasonable. We would gladly stay or eat at this pub again; in fact, I'm sure we will.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I repair catering equipment all over the country..and that how i stumbeled across this pub..its now one off my best pubs to visit ,stay,eat and drink...most kitchens i visit are not the cleanest and put me off eating there...this one i can kindly says is spotless...and food is lovely...even the chips are nice home made ones not frozen ..and the rooms in the barn convertion have a very warm feel..its a family run pub...which is gtreat to drink and eat outside in the summer..you can let the kids play on the bouncy castle and have a nice meal and drink without hassel....5 stars in my opinion

• Stayed May 2013
Northwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We visit the Holly Bush as often as we can, it's traditional charm and warm welcome from ALL is truly the way a pub should be! great selection of wines and drinks at reasonable prices, and the food is amazing home cooked, outstanding selection good portions and such value or money.
The views of other people on here regarding decoration and it being outdated? I would question what they expected? it has maintained it's features and charm and that is praised in my opinion and what makes th Holly Bush different from its competitors.
Must visit and judge for yourselves

Stayed May 2013
Runcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My first visit to the Holly Bush Inn was wonderful experience, I thought the food was delicious and the staff were friendly and tentitive to every customers needs. I would highly recommend the homemade chips and burger some of the best I have tasted anywhere and the fruit crumble was lovely. I will be back again without a doubt this is a superb little place to eat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
runcorn
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Had my wife's 70th birthday party for 22family and friends on the 6 th of April. From the booking to the end of the party the attention given to myself and my wife and the whole guests was excellent. The staff (Martin Michelle Carol and STACEY were amazing) The three course meal was hot and plentiful and certain special meals were catered for. Stacey was the crown in the jewel with her pleasant attitude and friendliness the whole evening it made the evening flow without any hitches. I would recommend this hotel/restaurant to anyone and will return myself for future occasions. Well done to Tim (chef) for the excellent cooking. I hope this review helps future patrons

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dunstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed here last week for two nights while I was working at Oulton Park race circuit.

So, we arrived at the hotel and first thing you notice is the bulidings rural character and intimate setting. The owner checked us in with no problems and was very helpful and friendly to assist us.

I checked into my room which was fairly small and the decor was a little dated, but at least it was cosy and warm.

There is a nice little bar there with a coal fire, only thing i can say is the beer was a little expensive at £3.30 a pint.

In regards to the food there, it was not really above satisfactory as the starter and main were more or less identical even though they were two totally different dishes. However, the staff were more than helpful to us and the breakfast was really nice.

In summary this place is a nice little stopover hotel with a good vibe and plenty of character, but no more than a three out of five.

Room Tip: no tips for here really