“cheap”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: postcode is CW9 7UA
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I visited again recently after a while from last visiting.......... I won't be visiting again in a hurry either, the food was bland and no taste at all ( I had a carvery) the place was clean and tidy and the staff were ok but not brilliant. it is very over rated!

Heather S, Manager at The Watermead Pub, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

I am very disappointed to hear that your visit to us fell short of our normal experience. I want to make sure we put this right for you and don’t lose you as a guest. Please contact me on 01606 46470 so we can discuss how we go about restoring your faith in The Watermead.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

i visited here with 9 work colleagues last month, most of us had 3 courses all different, a good varied menu at reasonable prices. We were eating about 8 o'clock and one person had the cavery as they had been before and knew it was good. Unforturnately it was not very hot due to it being late, but they heated it up in the microwave as he requested. That was the only downside.

It’s fantastic that you enjoyed your time here at The Watermead. It’s great that you took the time to let us know and I will pass on your compliments to my team. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We have been here a few times and it has never disappointed. Nothing fancy, just good food in nice surroundings, and good value.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Been to the carvery a few times now.Consistently good and the meat has always been excellent.My daughter is a vegetarian and she is well catered for as she can have a vegetarian option in place of the meat and then help herself to all the veggies.Great value at 2 for £10

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We now go to The Water Mead every Friday for a carvery. It's my treat for cooking all the rest of the week!! Really look forward to excellent food, friendly service, efficient staff, and even better - it doesn't break the bank!!

Heather S, Manager at The Watermead Pub, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014