“shabby service”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: postcode is CW9 7UA
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Complete lack of customer service. Pub was only half full when we arrived . No greeting or smiles from any of the staff on the way in. Went to the bar with kids and made to wait 15 minutes, and passed over several times before getting served. No apology offered and the barmaid heather was surly and abrupt. Ordered food as did not want to wait again and surly tried to charge me for kids meals that were supposed to be free, again no apology. When other waitress came to table to set out, just dumped knifes and forks on the edge of table and flounced off. Did not offer to clear tablw when we had finished or ask hownmeal was. All in all the pub staff training and dustomet service leaves a bad taste

1  Thank leer n
Heather S, Manager at The Watermead Pub, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Hi There,

I'm sorry you feel you didn't receive our usual excellent service, we thrive on providing great service even when we're busy and always try to exceed our customers expections.
If you would like to discuss your feedback with myself please don't hesitate to contact me on 01606 46470

Heather.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Had a really nice steak on the 2 for ten offer, good size and tasty. Staff always friendly and every where always seems very clean

Hi There,

Thank you for your excellent feedback, its always nice to hear we are doing well.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Visit The Watermead on a regular basis as the meals are great value for money and service is always great, The carvery is the main reason we dine here often as its cheaper to eat out than cook which is great for me as saves washing up!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I visited the watermead today with my two 7yr old Grandughters, I ordered the Veggie Carvery meal for myself, and 2 small carvery meals for the girls, (Veg only as they don't do a small veg option) I think it was particularly mean when one of them was refused a 2nd Yorkshire pudding, when I had paid the same price for a plate of veg as I would have if they had had meat, surely they could have substituted the meat with a Yorkshire pud and subsequently saved a little girl embarrassment

Hi There,

I am sorry to hear of the recent difficulties you have experienced at The Watermead, Please contact me on 01606 46470 to discuss your feedback further.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Great value for us both not worth cooking at home for two.

The pub was packed but the service was excellent.

Staff are very nice and helpful, the larger barrel needed changing and the drink was brought to the table.

Nice place to meet friends, great family feeling