“Buzzing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Watermead Pub

The Watermead Pub
Ranked #39 of 104 Restaurants in Northwich
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: postcode is CW9 7UA
Northwich, England
“Buzzing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great place, great food, great value! Worth a visit the carving staff had me in stitches. :-) all in all great experience.

• Visited October 2013
Heather S, Manager at The Watermead Pub, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Hi There,

Thank you for your excellent feedback, its always nice to hear we are doing well.
Hope to see you soon.

Heather

Melbourne, Australia
“Ouch”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Bought a baked potato, how can you screw this up?

It looked a bit over-done but when I tried to eat it I found it had been super-heated in the microwave, to the temperature of molten lava, it burned the insides of my mouth.

It took 3 days for things to return to normal, but was in quite a bit of pain that night.

Never has a potato actually attacked me.

I don't know if it was untrained or lazy staff but I won't be eating there again.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank t8769
northwich
“ooops”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We went for meal for two and could have sat anywhere, unlike when it first opened. The new meals were not priced on the menus and the whole deal became very confusing so we tried for a plan B. The lady who took our eventual order was very professional and understanding. we talked to a couple adjacent asking how the steak was and the reply was that it was tough so we decided against it. It didn't look good either. The first steaks we had when they first opened could have been cooked by a top chef, they were so delicious. I can only guess the training team were running the kitchen.
I had fish and chips and my fiancé had lasagne. Pub Food! Yes I know it is a pub but the term is now a metaphor for medium to low quality. Of all the easy meals to cook, steak and fish and chips are the basics to get right and lasagne is easy to microwave.
It is a nice clean place. I have had good service from all that have looked after us.
Why don't these large chains offer a smaller menu and make sure they offer the best?
Don't avoid but do tell the truth when asked 'how was your food'. These places need the correct feedback to help them raise their game. It is no wonder we prefer the Indian restaurants in town.
THE INDIAN and THE RELISH TANDOORI. They try hard to please.
That comment will upset the boss of the Seafarer I know but it too is not as good as when it first opened. I visit extremely rarely now, from every week at least once.

Knutsford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't Even Bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Vile, disappointing, Shocking, worst meal ever, waste of money never again, so bad I can not put it into words on here, stay well away till staff and management change, head office did not seem interested though in feed back direct so doubt it will not change in the near future, such a shame, miss managed since opened and getting a lot worse.

1 Thank John P
Heather S, Manager at The Watermead Pub, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hi There,

I'm really disappointed to hear you didn't enjoy any asspect of your recent visit and would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me on 01606 46470 to give me the oppotunity to discuss this feedback with you.

Heather (manager)
knutsford
“maybe our last visit was just a blip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

when we last visited i wrote a not so complimentary review of the watermead. however we have visited several times since and had perfectly acceptable food and service. maybe there are some problems as i see that the reviews are very mixed. the watermead is a great pub when it is good. lets hope the reviews improve. we will be visiting soon and hope to have another good meal.

Hi There,

Many thanks for your great feedback, I am pleased to hear you feel things have improved here and i'm delighted to see you came back on Tripadvisor to let us know, not many people do that!

Hope we see you again soon.
Heather (manager)