“Lovely homemade chips”

Spinner and Bergamot Inn
Ranked #21 of 126 Restaurants in Northwich
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Most fantastic country pub. Have been going here for years and it is fantastic every time. Food and service excellent.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We always enjoy the food at the Spinner. We have been numerous times partly because we live in the village but mainly because the food is lovely. Even if we didn't live nearby we would still go out of our way to visit.

The fish and chips are especially lovely. The small portion is definitely sufficient, you get a lot of fish. The homemade chips are also delicious. Portion sizes are really good. We often take visitors there for a meal and everyone raves about the place.

1  Thank Astro07

Reviewed February 17, 2013

It was our first time we had been, but definately not the last. It was recommended to me and can see why. Nothing was too much trouble,even changing our table so my mum didnt have to go up the steps( as she is on oxygen). Food fantastic and with having the option of small portions was great. Staff very friendly and lovely relaxing atmosphere. Would definately recommend !

1  Thank hmstanley
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stopped in for lunch on Sunday and although we hadn't booked they managed to fit us in. The menu was good and they had a few nice ales too. The food arrived quite quickly and was of a decent standard. Neither of us were blown away by the quality but the staff were friendly and the atmosphere was welcoming so we did enjoy ourselves. Would certainly go again

2  Thank Rob B
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I visit regularly for lunch and absolutely love it. Nice atmosphere and location, food is always perfect and the staff are always attentive and friendly. It's my favourite food pub in Cheshire - love it!! :)

1  Thank Helen G
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I think this would be the sort of place you come if you are in a group, I came here for a family party and thought it was great, then in December I came back with my wife and it couldn't have been more different. Locals in the bar can be very noisy and does not create the atmosphere for an expensive 'treat' More a pub lunch/early evening meal except for the price which was way too high. I think this place is stuck between trying to be an up market restaurant and a local pub and needs to decide one way or another. Very good food though.

1  Thank Dave S