“Our Local!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Northwich, United Kingdom
“Our Local!!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Brilliant pub good food and staff and within walking distance what more can you ask for great for meeting up with mates !!

• Visited January 2013

Northwich, United Kingdom
“It's my local”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

but it is distinctly average. Great for a local where you can walk back home after a few beers but nothing special to go out of the way for if you are visiting the area. Food is typical chain food.

• Visited November 2012
Wrexham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Like this place.”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have been into the Kingfisher a few times now with my family and everytime ive been pretty pleased with the whole experience.
The staff are friendly, the food came within a (just about) reasonable amount of time, and came out as your traditional pub grub. just what we needed on a rainy summer afternoon.
it is a little more expensive than most, and would be nice if they did some sort of deals on meals. But still they are good hearty meals.
When we visited they had another busy (quite big) function on (I think maybe a christening) but the staff were still able to give us half decent service.

• Visited August 2012
Deeside
“Pub's OK, Food Not So Much”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We'd eaten here before and although not overly impressed it was OK. The pub was quite busy and unfortunately there were a lot of reserved tables even though we arrived ninety minutes before some reservations so it was a hard to find a table to sit at. One of the staff persevered and eventually found us somewhere to sit and we ordered, the goats cheese starter was OK if not fantastic, the chef's pate was nice but why so big a slice of pate with half the bread needed to eat it?
I had the rump steak which was a £12:95 chewing experience, if you have dentures you'd best stay clear of this fella, the burger might be a better option which was apparently tasty with some nice extra toppings you could add on.

All in all it's very average fare and survives mainly on it's position, there are apparently a lot of people who want to eat without travelling too far

• Visited September 2012
Cheshire
“Nice pub on a summers day”
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Recently refurbished The kingfisher definitely has a much better and fresher feel. I have only been for food before it was refurbished so I can comment on it now however it was fairly average. I agree with the comment regarding the staff they don't seem particularly concerned with you but they are polite enough. Good display and choice of drinks. True about the bitters though although I don't drink bitter. I do enjoy going here with my friends for a quick afternoon drink in the summer sun though.