“Awful”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
northwich, United Kingdom
“Awful”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Went with my wife and 2 children . Was served at the table quick that was the only plus point. Started came 45 mins after ordering, we ordered a combo platter which all tasted over done and fried in old oil, the mushrooms were rock hard , 25 mins after the plates were cleared I had to ask where the mains were. When they finally arrived my chips were like warm and my daughters fish had been cooked again in that awful fat, it had to be sent back. A table next to us had to wait 20 mins to pay their bill due to some problems with the hand held terminals, that could have been resolved quicker . When we finished our meal we went to the bar to pay as we didn't want to stay any longer . They did however give us our daughters meal for free and a 20% discount,Unfortunately we would only return maybe for a drink next time as it is actually a lovely pub at a lovely setting.

Runcorn, United Kingdom
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Myself and my family all have visited the Riverside on numerous occasions , the majority of the food and service we have had has been very good,. However on 3 separate occasions , my self with other members of the family have been we have received the worst service from a waitress whom was rude and very unprofessional. I complained about mushrooms and she said there was nothing wrong with them. When we got the bill she charged for them . I complained and she tutted at me and went off to see the manager. My friend on another visit complained about the coleslaw and she shouted at her and said why didn't tell me earlier. My son went and she was rude and unfriendly .Is all I can say was she wasn't one of the younger staff and she had a bobbed haircut. The rest of the service I have received on many visits has been second to none. My family and some friends are due to go back there for a celebration so I will insist that she does not serve us . I hope the management see this as she has blighted what should be a time of pleasure and comfort she will not do this again to me or my family.

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Riverside Inn”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

A good choice of bar food. All well presented and with excellent service. Good value for money and a place to be recommended if you are passing and/or staying in the area. Not fancy (hence the three star rating) but would recommend it to those on a budget.

• Visited March 2013
Stanley, Falkland Islands
“Enjoyable Carvery”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

As one in a group of 14 making my first visit I was pleasantly surprised; we arrived on Wednesday evening not knowing that for the month of October there was a special offer; carvery at two for one, this was £13-95 for two of us, plus a free sweet of our choice from the menu! We all chose the carvery, no skimping on the meat plus lots of fresh vegetables, this followed by a free sumptuous sweet was well worth paying much more than the £13-95 for two!! The restaurant has recently had a face lift, the staff were very friendly and polite, well worth a visit.

• Visited October 2013
cheshire
“good value.lovely staff”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

we live quite local to the riverside.we have never been disappointed with the food or service.it has recently undergone a facelift,and its a very pleasant eatery for everyone.its really good value,and the fish and chips are gorgeous.would recommend.

• Visited September 2013