“No Credit for Honesty!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Northwich, United Kingdom
“No Credit for Honesty!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Thought I would treat the family on a Thursday night at the Riverside.

The 2 for one attracted me and I booked. When we got there it took a good 5 mins before we were shown to our seat.

The food selection is what you would expect from a two for one restaurant but still quite good. The courses took an age to arrive but not as long as the drinks which turned up after the food.

The main incident was the Bill. We were given the Bill for the table next to us which was a young couple. Ok we could have paid that and done a runner. But no I told the manager and we were then issued with the correct Bill. I could have saved £40.

At no point did they try to reward my honesty with say a discount or free voucher. And the waitress who served us was far from grateful when I told her what had happened!

Maybe I should have paid the cheaper Bill?

1 Thank Steve B

Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Much improved”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try the 'new' Riverside after never being impressed with the old one. What a difference, food much fresher and all piping hot, which was always the let down in the old Riverside.
Service........mmmmmm........not great. Stood waiting to be seated and ignored, sat down on our own accord and waited so long for service we got up and ordered at the bar. No room for poor service in today's climate, but all in it was a better experience than we ever had in the past, and the refit was very tasteful.

“More of the same”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Deep fried or warmed in a microwave pub chain food. Nothing exciting at all. Service was fair although we were rushed at first.

Avoid

Cheshire
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This restaurant has undergone a refurbishment since my last visit and has now included a carvery Sunday lunch.. It operates a Two for One system and this includes the carvery. My friend and I decided to try the carvery and it was very good for the price. The surroundings have been improved considerably and the service is also very good.

• Visited August 2013
Winsford, Cheshrie
“Best pub grub I've ever had!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My fiancé and I stopped at The Riverside Inn after being turned away from Bella Napoli down the rosd, which stopped serving food at 8pm. I am so glad they did as The Riverside Inn was brilliant.

Set next to the river (hence the name) you have the option of sitting either inside or out. They decor is modern yet tasteful.

The menu is huge, but they also serve several special dishes, including seasonal and British delights. The specials are also included in their 2 for 1 deal. My fiancé went for steak and ribs, whilst I opted for smoked haddock pasta. Our food arrived after about 15 minutes, which was surprising given how busy they were. His steak arrived rare, as requested, which hardly ever happens in pubs. The ribs were also so tender that the meat just fell off the bone. My pasta was gorgeous; so creamy, yet light. After our mains we opted for the chocolate melt in the middle pudding and the lemon tingler. Both were exquisite.

The waiting staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. They couldn't have done more for us.

We will certainly be visiting again.

• Visited August 2013