“Really enjoyable experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cheshire Falconry

Cheshire Falconry
More attraction details
Owner description: Cheshire falconry offer hands on bird of prey experiences , to take up the Gauntlet and fly Owls , Hawks and Eagles in the heart of the Cheshire Counryside
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Really enjoyable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband had the full day experience bought for him as a present and I purchased the spectator option on the day. The morning consisted of flying four different types of bird of prey in the arena, the highlight of this was the bateleur eagle which was magnificent. After lunch, which was included for both of us at the restaurant on site at Blakemore Craft Centre, we went into the forest to see Harris Hawks hunting, even though they did not catch anything today the flew between the trees and the handlers for treats of chicken. As the hawks hadn't caught anything, the guide was already prepared and brought a mini-feast of rabbit which the hawks ate from the hands of those undertaking the experience.
The guides Rob and Andrew were very knowledgeable and it was obvious that this is a passion for both of them.

Visited April 2014

cheshire
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Really Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I had a full day experience bought for me as a present and had a great day out. The morning considted of flying various birds of prey in the centre's arena. I shared this with five other people but still had plenty of 'goes' with the buzzard being the highlight. After lunch I ventured out with three other people into the woods close by the centre. Here the falcon was let of the leash and followed us around as we walked about two miles. The idea was to hopefully find a rabbit or two but this, I understand, is very unusual and so it proved. But it did give a great idea of how people used to hunt with falcons and experiencing the falcon swooping through the trees onto my fist was fantastic. The staff are all great and knowledgeable and although the full day is not cheap, it is so much better than the arena and is definitely worth it.

Visited July 2013
Northwich, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A visit to the aviary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

I took my little boy to visit the birds after a recent school project sparked off an interest in Owls and I have to admit I was disappointed for the price I paid.
The cost to walk around the aviary was £5.50 for the both of us and we didn't even spend 30 min's looking around. Half the cages were empty, but they did have some birds out on the lawn but this is fenced off, the fence was to high for my son to see over without being lifted and you just couldn't get a close look at the birds.
That said my son loved the Snowy Owl and after reading other reviews on this site I may still purchase the Junior Owl Experience.
I just think the aviary should be better priced for the time you are able to spend in there.

Visited March 2014
Steve B, Owner at Cheshire Falconry, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hi, thank you for your coments regarding you last visit to the Aviary complex at Cheshire Falconry , can i just point out that non of the aviaries are empty , at this time of year a lot of our birds are nesting and in each aviary the are nesting boxes .
some of our pairs of Owls both spend time in the nest box at he same time , which is why you may have thought they were empty which is not the case . owl collection in the aviary is of Eagles , Owls , Hawks from all over the world and British native speices ,

the cost of the entrance is less the a cup of coffee and feel we do offer value for money .
Regarding your junior Owl experience this is a hands on experience in which the guest wll have Owl land on their gauntlet and get up close to ur birds
Dewsbury, England, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Cheshire Falconry a memory I will treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

The most thrilling wonderful experience, and I was only the observer!
I'd bought a owl handling experience for our 10 year old granddaughter .
Pre booked , a good 1 1/2, hour drive . Well worth the travel
It is set in a complex of Art and crafts and woodlands and craft shops .
You could spend a day easily.
We had a nice lunch then went to Falconry.
You are free to view the variety of Raptors , both in their enclosures and out in the fresh air on display . Beautiful birds all in good clean well maintained enclosures.
Our granddaughter took to the falconer ,who was great with her. Not at all patronising and testing out her attitude and ability.
Throughout The smile never left Ellie's face , mine too.
When you go take lots of photos and particularly video to capture the magic.
The staff obviously care for their charges each having a affectionate pet name and each responding to its own name.
Well informed staff who share lots of information .
Ellie was the only customer that period so luckily she got one to one and got to personally fly a tawny owl a little owl a barn owl and then a wonderful Harris hawk.
The thrill to set the bird off in the open and call it back to the glove and feed it.
I was as thrilled as her. On returning to the enclosures she was lucky enough to handle the largest bird of all , The Eagle Owl. Wow ! As big as her , but she held it proudly.
I would highly recommend this falconry and the chance of an raptor experience.
We asked could we adapt our package by adding on and add another observer too, which was agreed
Look out for wowcher or Groupon deals too.

Visited February 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Segway in the woods...CLASS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Had a quality day there at the begging of March 2014. Really good value for money. I'll definitely return there when I've convinced my girlfriend she won't fall off!!