“Fabulous”
Review of Cheshire Falconry

Cheshire Falconry
More attraction details
Owner description: Cheshire falconry offer hands on bird of prey experiences , to take up the Gauntlet and fly Owls , Hawks and Eagles in the heart of the Cheshire Counryside
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Had a wonderful experience from start to finish. Rob had an amazing rapport with the birds and kept us entertained throughout the experience. His knowledge was immense. Even though I was a spectator on this occasion,with my mum and brother in law, we all felt very much involved with the experience. It was an absolute pleasure watchin the awe on my sisters face as the beautiful birds landed on her outstretched arm. Hopefully in the not too distant future we will return and experience the full day. I would definitely recommend a visit here and congratulate Steve and his staff for their skill and dedication to these magnificent creatures.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"flying area"
"enjoyable morning"
in 3 reviews
"excellent value for money"
"hour experience"
"little owl"
"christmas present"

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Popped into the aviary just for something to do really and was blown away!!! Amazing way to spend a few hours at the weekend and they have some beautiful, beautiful birds - a must visit if you're ever at Blakemere.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I won the experience as a raffle prize and what an experience! The Falconer was fantastic, making you feel at ease in how the birds were handled, and his knowledge about the birds was amazing. The interaction between him and them was awe inspiring.The birds themselves were awesome and the feeling of seeing them in full flight coming towards you and to land on your outstretched arm is exciting to say the least. Myself and my family(3 spectators - who were closely involved in the experience without actually handling the birds) had an absolutely wonderful day and hope to come again soon to spend the full experience day including the 'walk on the wild side'. Thanks to Steve and the whole team for a fantastic experience, lovely memories and some great photos.

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I bought the full day falconry experience as a surprise Birthday gift for my partner.. He has a love of nature and Birds of Prey!! (Though I don't think you particularly need either to appreciate these magnificent creatures!!) So on Sunday 5th May, we arrived at Cheshire Falconry and met Lucy.. She was lovely! Lucy took about 14 of us to the display area, along with several birds of prey. Lucy was very knowledgable and informative about the birds and obviously loves the job she does.. All those participating (a few of us, myself included, had paid just to be spectators) wore a falconers glove and in turn handled each of the birds. It was a fun morning, we learnt lots about the birds and up close they truly were amazing ! So thank you Lucy for making the experience both interesting, informative and fun!
After our morning session we stopped for lunch (included in the cost if doing a full day experience) and then walked back to meet our falconer for the afternoon, Andy!
There were only 4 of us for the afternoon session (myself being the only one spectating) .. Andy introduced himself and after a brief talk we started off on the afternoons venture.. A twenty minute walk into the woodlands accompanied by two Harris Hawks , Diva and Bonnie! My partner got to carry one of the hawks the entire way so he enjoyed the experience! Once at our destination the birds were set free to fly about in a more natural habitat! Andy was a great falconer/guide.. He was more than knowledgable about the birds and he filled my head with so many facts that day! He has a real passion for what he does, and you can see its more than just a job to him.. Andys dedication to what he does is inspiring!
So we spent time flying the birds and getting them to swoop down and get their food off the gloves..
Unfortunately Diva decided to take a little adventure of her own and didn't want to play and flew off after a while! We were unable to locate her exactly but Andy assured us he'd be out with his tracking device later!!
We trekked back to the aviary .. Then everyone was introduced and got to handle a lovely Golden Eagle...

It was a lovely day out..my partner loved the experience and I for one wish I'd been participating and not spectating!
A big thank you to both Lucy and Andy for being friendly, fun, knowledgable and passionate about what they do :)
All in all a great day out !

See more reviews
Reviewed April 14, 2013

When visiting the aviary enclosure 13 April 2013 myself and two friends were captivated with the snowy owl from the artic. My attention was taken in seeing this beautiful bird but as I stepped away I fell to the ground because of a trip hazard. The ground has a steep downward incline which is square in shape ( I wish I'd taken a photo) with a circular hole at its base, which is possibly a drain.
I recovered from the shock and went to speak with the person who was at the pay desk on entry. I fully understand that todays culture of claim and compensation is commonplace but I do wish this employee had had some customer service skills in dealing with my fall , shock , and injury. I am fine apart from some bruising, but my request to him was that something would be done about the uneven ground and trip hazard. Sadly the poor man could only offer the explanation that they had been recently inspected by the zoological society and have had ramps fitted at doorways. How this observation was relevant to my fall was beyond me. I was asked if I would like to fill in a accident form which I did, but have no doubt it was only offered to make my anger be diverted from the incident. I also wonder if the form duly signed will find its home in the waste paper bin.
So Mr Steve Birchall owner of above, while you provide a suitable home for birds of prey please train your staff to deal with injured customers in a more appropriate manner, even though you may fear being sued.
And finally and most importantly please rectify the trip hazard and uneven ground in the aviary, before any other visitors who are not as understanding as myself suffer a more catastrophic injury and who do place a claim of compensation.

Stevebirchall_11, Owner at Cheshire Falconry, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for reporting the incident at Cheshire Falconry , may i first offer a sincere apology on behalf of Cheshire Falconry regarding the incident on your visit , health and safety is very important to our company . the incident is already being investigated , i hope you will visit our collection of Birds of prey again and enjoy your time here ,