“Another great stay”

Wall Hill Farm Guest House
Ranked #1 of 8 Northwich B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Thank you Pam and Richard once again for a lovely stay, it's like home from home. Personally I wouldn't bother looking anywhere else, the rooms are beautifully decorated and the breakfast is fantastic. This morning the fruit salad in particular was excellent, fresh mango, passion fruit and pomegrante with the 'usual' fruit very tasty.

The rooms are always extremely clean and we had a lovely view across the Cheshire countryside from the English Country Room.

We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely just have a look at the website.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My partner and I always stay in good quality bed and breakfast accomodation which we generally find far better value for money, along with a lovely personal touch from the owners. Our last stay in bed and breakfast was a total disaster and we unfortunately gave it a poor rating with Trip Advisor. Infact we are still waiting for the full refund which was promised, but never received!
It was therefore with some trepidation that we decided to book a bed and breakfast for our anniversary short break.
We shouldn't have worried as our stay in this lovely place went beyond our expectations. We stayed in room number one which is the English Country room. The room was delightfully decorated and was spotlessly clean.
The breakfast was served in the dining room which again was tastefully decorated, with tables nicely placed, allowing for conversations kept private from other guests. The food was locally sourced, with eggs coming from the owners poultry.
The gardens were well manicured and very pleasant to look out onto.
The owners are Richard and Pam. As Richard was away in Japan playing rugby, Pam was running the place with the help of her son in law.
Thank you Pam, you were lovely and professional without being intrusive.
If we are in the area again, we will definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pudding1linda
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I am origanally from Cheshire,my family still live just a mile or so either way from Wall Hill.We were attending a family funeral so I decided to try and cheer it up a bit and book into somewhere over night instead of staying with family.By the reviews I read before booking I knew that it was not just your bog standered B and B yet on arriving was very impressed by the whole thing.We visited family on arival in Cheshire so it was after 7pm when we finally booked in.Our room was number 1.The decor was traditional,very bright and airy.Loved the bed!!and the bathroom was just what I would love at home,massive shower and bath all beautifully put together.The view was very nice too.Newly built duck pond and ducks(so dont ask for a duck egg for breakfast as they havent started laying yet)!! We asked !!! In the next paddock was the hen coupe,yes your eggs at breakfast are from these hens!!Talking of breakfast..............mmm tasty,I dont usually eat a cooked breakfast but I thought it sounded so nice on the menu that I would try it.We were asked when booking in what time would we like breakfast and what we would like and included was the choice of salmon!! this you give 12 hours notice for.Although the dining room is small but enough space and the kitchen sits at the side it is so homely and the 2 girls and owner cook and serve you the hot food very profesionally,its like being in a top hotel!!well better I would say!!We helped our selfs to fresh fruit salad,we had musilli and a touch of milk on ours.At the end of your breakfast if you wanted more of ANYTHING you just have to ask...it actually tells you that on the menu!!As we were leaving the dining room after breakfast the owner lady came over to me and quietly said"I hope all goes well today"What a finishing touch that was.
I am hoping to book up there again before Christmas and take 2 of my Grandchildren to see my family...I carnt wait.
If for what ever reason you need to book up in this area dont look any further.You shall not be disappointed.
If the owners read these reviews I would like to say another thankyou to you.Thankyou

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Beautiful guesthouse, lovely room, great breakfast, owners so friendly and welcoming. Walking distance to lovely pubs and nice Italian restaurant. Would definitely recommend and will be visiting again

Room Tip: We stayed in the contemporary room but would imagine all rooms to be equally lovely
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This B and B was absolutely gorgeous, we travelled with my Mam and Brother so had 3 rooms in this delightful b and b.
Richard was super accomodating as I was travelling with 2 children in my room - he put a 3rd bed up for my son and reccommended the best room to suit our family size wise. We had the feng shui room, my Mam had the oriental room and my brother had the contemporary room. All the rooms were beautifully decorated and absolutely immaculate, I work in travel and have stayed in many hotels over the years but for a guest house this really was outstanding to say the least. The price we paid was super for the standard of accomodation we received.
The breakfast was cooked fresh and was absolutely beauiful and again the breakfast room was lovely.
Richard was great with our children and offered to let them pick some fresh eggs from their own chickens and came with us to help - the kids loved it as did we - and this seemed no problem at all to Richard.
We stayed here as we were visiting Chester zoo which was a fab 20 minutes away!! Much better staying here than paying for an over crowded, noisy, more expensive big chain!
We had a meal in the village where there are several choices to east and was very pleasant!

All in all cannot recommend this place highly enough. Keep up the fab work Richard and Pam.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I love this wonderful retreat. You can not fail to relax in its ambeince of total quality, and what lovely hosts we have, Richard and Pam :)
The place ouzzes character as soon as you turn into the farm and park your car, to the right an array of chickens of different breeds ( Italian as well ) to doves flying around, the dog can sort these out if they are piching to much of the chicken feed :)
On entering your choosen room you will be greeted by superb clenliness for your stay, in a room full of detail and comfort, to where you can wind down for a slumberfull nights rest zzzzz.
Once we have woken and refreshed ourselves, you can look forward to a hearty fresh cooked breakfast or whatever you choose.
I can not fault Wall Hill Farm, and I have stayed in many places worldwide. Top notch Richard and Pam, see you soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank olimpilot
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Found this little gem on Late Rooms and what a pleasant surprise we had. It's a good few miles out of Chester but suited us as we planned an overnight stop before we hit Cheshire Oaks for some retail therapy. The location is idyllic with amazing views, a traditional farmhouse with accomodation, dining room and guests lounge located in a stunning barn conversion.The owner was very welcoming, as were the doves and hens on arrival, and we were delighted with our 'beach style' room. It wasn't the largest room but had two really comfy beds, good quality, duvet and pillows and beautiful quality decor. The bathroom was actually a wet room and again was of a very high standard with good quality toiletries.
Breakfast was superb - a full English, cooked by the owner with cereals etc besides, The fruit salad was to die for and there were also yogurts and dried fruits too.
All in all a lovely place to stay!
There was plenty of local information in the rooms so we ventured out to find the nearest eatery - The Maypole Inn, just five minutes walk up the lane. The food was really lovely (definately not a 2-4-1) and freshly cooked with local ingredients. The menu was varied and there were a large selection of specials. I had an amazing shoulder of lamb and my daughter enjoyed pork in apricot sauce. Thoroughly recommended!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are individually designed and look beautiful.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family