“Luxurious B&B”

Ranked #1 of 8 Northwich B&B and Inns
Surrey
“Luxurious B&B”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed here at the weekend for 2 nights as we were attending a family wedding. Couldn't fault it. All the rooms have been decorated in very different styles and have comfortable beds, good linen etc. Located opposite the owners house so although called a gues house you don't feel you are actually sharing their house. Good breakfast too. Only negative comment was an extra door key would have been useful but we didn't actually ask for one so if we had maybe we'd have got one!

Room Tip: Look at the website and see which one you like best - some are bigger than others so that could infl...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TontoNorth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
wetherby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

This has to be the nicest Guest house accomodation we have stopped in. An unplanned break left us searching late in the day, and we came across this well signed place, in a quiet village clos e to local attractions. Very friendly owners, spotless rooms, very high standard of build and an excellent breakfast left us refreshed to carry on the tour. I just wish we could have stayed longer and used this as our base. Numerous pubs and foodies nearby add to the attractions. Highly reccommended, will visit again.

Room Tip: just ask the owners, they will oblige.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rob j
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

2 or 3 times a year I have reason to stay in the Northwich area - wished I had known of Wall Hill on previous occasions. Absolutely will be staying here again, couldn't fault it . Very well located too, so easy to get to from several directions. A great find

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank galwaygirl1963
Longfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

Stayed for one night Sat 11 Feb 2012. Exceptional level of cleanliness throughout including the grounds. We stayed in the Contemporary Room. The decor, furniture and fittings are to a very high standard in both the room and en-suite. It was a very cold weekend but the room was very warm and cosy. Other guests were staying and you could not hear any noise from the other rooms. The conversion has obviously been carried out to a very high standard. The breakfast was cooked fresh for each guest and also to a very high standard. Great value. I will certainly be staying again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank davesmith911
Warfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed in the English Country (Room1) and it is a very clean and comfortable room. I was travelling with my wife and toddler. As you can see from the photos on the website, the room is elegantly decorated and the bathroom is fabulous complete with bath, large downpour shower cubicle and it even has a bidet. This extra space really made it easy to get the 3 of us ready in the morning.

It is worth noting that rooms 1 and 2 are up some outdoor steps which was a minor flaw, just made it a little bit more difficult to get my son and accompanying 37 bags into the room. To be fair though I didn't ask for a ground floor room, so this really is the only minor point, so ask if you want a ground floor room.

Breakfast is delicious with an excellent choice of full english, cereals, fruit, porridge etc. Nothing is too much trouble so if there is something specific you would like then just ask!

There is a small lounge area next to the breakfast room so we were able to chill out there in the evening on the comfy leather seats.

There is free WIFI available in the rooms which worked just fine, a little slow but perfectly functional and more importantly free, so very happy with that.

All in all, excellent value for money, other places I've stayed in have charged over £100 a night for this level of quality and service. Highly recommended if you are staying in the Northwich area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
WallHillFarm, Owner at Wall Hill Farm Guest House, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you for your very complimentary review, it is kind of you to take the time.
Pam & I loved having your family to stay, your young son is a delight to see and such a happy little person.
Richard
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

My partner and I decided on a new year's whim to spend the first night of 2012 away as we have a lot of things dawning this year and so a 2 hour search began online finding a bargain amongst the deals on laterooms, hotels, etc etc and amidst the same identical deals from same conveyor-belt style hotel to another, this rough diamond caught my eye simply by the fact it had the word 'farm' in the name - silly I know, but amongst the 'travelodges' and what not this seemed quite a find.

When I called to inquire there wasn't a single sense of awkwardness between myself and the owner. We were greeted by the same person in the car park where he shook my hand, called me by my name and welcomed me inside giving me a tour of where I can relax, have my breakfast cooked for me on request (brilliant - ill get to this) before I was comfortably escorted to a small but incredibly homely, VERY tastefully decorated reception/reception room where I was given the complete ins and outs of how they operate - everything was so relaxed.
Before coming the room we wanted, as each room is decorated to subtly reflect a different 'style' wasn't prepared (given it was 2nd January) and yet by the time we had arrived not even 2 hours later he had personally prepared my room for us. You really do not get this many places, especially in themed rooms. If it's not done, it's not available - but not here, which is what sold it to me over the phone to begin with.
To waffle on, we had a meal at the local restaurants (4 within 3 mins drive if that) surrounded by quiet and fields and just complete relaxation.
Breakfast was just perfect. Everything was laid out in the breakfast room for just us (they had a party of 19 the night before which filled the guest house, so we must have been the only couple to stay this night) and the service, again all by name, was just fantastic. No aggressive radio blasting or screaming children and swearing, nothing like this (and I am a roudy 20 something myself...)
ANYTHING I wanted was available to order, even salmon or poached haddock which IF I had given notice I could have enjoyed. Toast made for me in front of me, unlimited cereals, all good quality, good taste in radio station, prompt service, QUALITY food (no deep fried conveyor belt bought in crap) and free range eggs picked from the farm outside. Wonderful.

We are booking in again! Definitely. For next month.

You will not be disappointed if your aim is to just kick back and relax. And if I can recommend ANY room, go for the African Room. The website just does not do it justice at all!!!! :)

Room Tip: African Themed Room - I'd stay in no other!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

One of the best B&B I ever stayed. Beautiful farm house located in the beautiful village with the beautiful bedroom and 5 star breakfast. The friendly owner makes you feel like you are staying in your grand house.

We stayed there on our way back from Wales. After a long drive from Wales, we had a perfect room and very good sleep. very quiet and very comfortable bed. Amazing experiences, looking forward to visit there again soon.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northwich
Premier Inn Northwich South Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kelsall
The Holly Bush Inn
The Holly Bush Inn
#3 of 8 in Northwich

Been to Wall Hill Farm Guest House? Share your experiences!